Downhill

Two weeks later

Two weeks later

I hurry towards the front door, a bag filled with my bathing suit and towel in hand as the sound of incessant honking rings out from outside.

"Wait Miss," A voice calls out from behind me. I turn and see Loraine standing awkwardly in the kitchen doorway, a guilty expression adorning her face. She beckons me to follow her, quickly leading me into the kitchen.

"Oh," I say, looking down at one of my dad's favourite and most expensive vases smashed on the floor. "I don't know what happened I was sweeping and it just feel over," She stutters, getting upset.

"I really need this job and you know how your father is," She sighs, a pained expression forming on her face. She's right, my dad has fired maids for much less.

"Erm just sweep it up into a bag and chuck it in a bin far away from the house," I rush out, distracted by the beeping outside intensifying. "And if he asks deny deny deny," I tell her as I speed walk back out into the foyer.

I open the front door, immediately being hit with the coldness of the brisk November morning. "Damn girl you took your time," Dex says, his head sticking out of the backseat window.

"Sorry," I smile sheepishly, climbing into the passenger seat.

For the past two weeks me, Carter and his friends have been getting closer. They convinced me to rejoin the project which I eventually agreed to after hours of them reminding me that it's half of our grade, so we've pretty much spent every hour of the past two weeks together.

In reality I didn't agree to do the project because of the nagging, it's not like I'll need the good grade when I'm dead. I'm only doing it as a thank you to Carter for arranging this waterpark trip for me, god knows they need the extra hand. 

Although the project is due after winter break we wanted to finish it beforehand so we could actually relax, which is why we have enough time for this trip.

Since it's freezing we obviously can't go to an outdoor waterpark so we're driving three hours to the closest indoor one with Dexter, Jayden and Sylus cramped in the back while Carter drives.

"Jules," Sylus beckons, handing me a bag of Cheetos from the backseat as the car drives off down the road.

A secret smile pulls at my lips as I watch the house getting smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror.

I know as soon as I get home I'm going to be in so much trouble, dad will return from work and realise I'm not there, he'll check the outdoor security cameras and see who picked me up and I will pay for my disobedience.