Deadline

"Boys can you come here please," Our professor asks just as we're about to walk out of the lecture hall

"A member of your group erm... ," He trails off, reading a name off a piece of paper. "Juliet Kingston has dropped out of your group project," He finalises. "As you have one less member than everyone else I will approve a small allowance on your final grade to reflect your disadvantage," He explains.

"What, can she even do that?" Dex asks, knowing the project greatly impacts our grade. "Miss Kingston was explained the consequences of this decision but she agreed nonetheless, citing 'person reasons,'" He says, pulling himself off his leather chair and grabbing his briefcase.

"Wait," My mouth opens involuntarily as he approaches the door. "If I can convince her to rejoin will you allow it?" I ask, knowing she probably only dropped out to avoid seeing me.

"I don't see why not," He shrugs before hurrying off to his next class. Sy turns and sends me a sly smirk, the one he does when he thinks he knows something. 

"Don't start," I tell him sternly. "I just don't want to lose our only competent member," I roll my eyes, heading out into the hallway. 

I may have my work cut out for me. It's been a week since I walked in on that incident and I haven't seen Juliet since.

Apart of me wants to check up on her but I have no reason to, we're not friends and we don't even really like each other so I feel like it would just be weird of me to do and yet I strangely feel responsible for her.

Although it was unintentional, I now know the fact that she harms herself. What if nobody else knows and she's completely alone in this?

I decide that I'll check up on her, just so my guilty conscious can rest. 

As we're walking to the food hall I spot that girl Jennifer, Jolene? Whatever her name is I know she's friends with Juliet because I only ever see them together.

"You're Juliet's friend right?" I ask bluntly after catching up with her. "Best friend," She answers, a hint of agitation in her voice most likely because she probably get's asked that question a hundred times a day.

"Well I need your help."