Panicked

"Get the fuck away from her

"Get the fuck away from her." A voice seethes from beside me.

I don't need to look to see that it's Carter, his touch being the only one that could provide me with this level of comfort.

"Move out the fucking way," He grits, pushing through the crowd of people and pulling me along with him.

I follow him mindlessly, the panic attack that's now hitting me full force making me unable to think rationally.

"We just want to ask her some questions," One of them justifies, reaching out to grab me in order to stop me from moving.  

Before I can even process what's happening Carter's fist, which was once firmly grasping my waist is now flying in the direction of the man that tried to grab me.

"Don't touch her," He spits, looming menacingly over the man who's now toppled onto the ground. 

I'm still trying to control my rapid breathing as Carter opens the car door and lowers me inside. "I'm sorry Kingston, it was fucked up for them to corner you like that," He sighs once he climbs in and closes the car door.

"Are you okay?" He asks as he reaches to grab his seatbelt, probably not noticing my panicked state due to all the noise outside.

He looks over at me when I don't reply, anticipating my response. "Shit," He mumbles, staring at my tear stricken face and my inability to breathe normally.

"Hey it's okay, you're okay," He reassures, pulling my shaking body into his chest. 

I grip his shirt, the stress of the situation getting to me. I haven't had a panic attack this bad in years and it's all just too much.

"Okay I'm going to need you to calm down and breathe now Kingston," He instructs urgently, pulling me off his chest and looking me in the eye.

I try to calm down but I can't help it, I remain hysterical as the noise and the flash of the cameras bring my mind back to my old life. 

It's like I'm a kid again standing at a red carpet or one of dad's events with a big fake smile on my face, pretending that my dad didn't just beat me or humiliate me in front of his friends hours before. I feel just as exposed and vulnerable now as I did then.

"Juliet!" A voice snaps me out of my hazy state. I turn my head slightly, not realising that Carter has been calling my name over and over again.

"I'm sorry," I croak out, my immediate response being to apologise for my emotions.

"It's okay, I just need you to calm down," He pleads, gently rubbing circles into my thigh in a calming motion.

I take a few deep breaths but it's hard to regain composure when the sound of the cameras flashing surrounds the car.

"I'll get you out of here," He decides, realising the problem. He starts up the car and drives forward, clearly not caring about the paparazzi he may potentially hit with his car.