Almost

"Come here," I call out to Juliet who's just tiredly trudged into the kitchen after sleeping for like twelve hours

It's been a couple days since she told me she didn't want to go home and she's been crashing here ever since. She told me that her dad wouldn't be back for a week and she didn't want to be all alone in that huge mansion.

Even though I have to sleep on this tiny uncomfortable sofa it would never occur to me to kick her out. For some reason the thought of her scared and lonely constricts my heart.

She's been very jumpy and anxious while she's been here, which is understandable considering the circumstances so I've decided to surprise her with something to cheer her up.

She plops down on the sofa next to me, looking up at me curiously. "Here," I say bluntly, handing over a white envelope. "Is it an eviction notice?" She jokes, laughing while she opens it.

Throughout her entire stay she's had it in her head that I want her to hurry up and leave when in reality she couldn't be more wrong.

I hate to admit it but I actually enjoy our late night movies or our in depth conversations about which character from the vampire diaries is the fittest. I have no interest in the show but hearing her talk about something with such enthusiasm is actually entertaining.

"Oh my god you didn't!" She squeals, gripping my arm in excitement. "But how- w-why," She stutters out, a confused expressing morphing across her features.

"I called in a favour with a friend," I shrug. "A favour? This is more than a favour," She marvels, looking down at the plane tickets to Australia.

"Carter I can't possibly except these," She says, looking me in the eyes. "You want to swim with the turtles don't you?" I remind her, that being the only reason I got these. "Plus I could use a holiday," I sigh.

I would have never been able to afford the tickets or the villa we'll be staying in if it wasn't for one of my best friends Lucian. His family is involved in some not so legal businesses so they're pretty much extravagantly rich.

He bought these tickets for me within five minutes of me asking, I promised him I'd pay him back but he just snorted in my face and told me not to worry about it.

"I don't know what to say," She murmurs, her mouth still agape. "Seriously thank you and as soon as my card is unfrozen I'll pay you back," She promises, crushing me into a bear hug.

My body tenses as her skin comes into contact with mine but I eventually relax, her arms wrapped around feeling natural.

"It's a gift," I remind her, knowing I'll never allow her to give me any money for this. "But-" She goes to argue but I cut her off. "You can pay me by helping me pack," I tell her, knowing the flight is for tomorrow and I haven't even done my laundry let alone begin packing.

"Okay," She chirps excitedly before jumping off the sofa, causing my lips to ever so slightly tug upwards at the realisation that I'm the one who made her this happy. "When's the flight?" She asks curiously, heading towards the hallway.