Close quarters

"You're alright," Carter comforts, rubbing circles on my hand with his thumb

"You're alright," Carter comforts, rubbing circles on my hand with his thumb. "We're going to die," I mumble, causing him to laugh in my face.

"You're so dramatic, I thought rich people travelled all the time," He snorts. "I was sure you'd own a private jet," He teases.

"No this is my first time on a plane," I remind him, having told him this fact at least ten times on the way to the airport.

"Oh god," I cry, clamping my eyes shut as the plane shakily descends. "Calm down Kingston," He laughs, still finding my distress amusing.

Maybe my dad was right, travelling is a nightmare. The fact that I'm thousands of feet in the air, trapped in a metal tin hurtling through the sky makes my breathing quicken.

"Tell me about that stupid show," He instructs, his voice cutting through the panic that clouds my brain. "The one about that talking horse," He mumbles, the distaste evident in his voice.

"Okay well first off his name is Bojack and it is not a stupid show," I scold, rolling my eyes. I spend the next fifteen minutes ranting to him about how this show is the greatest of all time and how Bojack is just misunderstood.

"Uh huh well I'd love to keep talking about this Kingston but we've landed," He says, causing me to look around in confusion. Wow I was so into my rant that I didn't even notice that the plane is now slowly moving down the tarmac.

A small smile tugs at my lips, knowing he went through the pain of listening to my ramble just to distract me.

"Fucking watch it," Carter seethes at this random guy who shoved into me while we're making our way out of the plane. "Be polite," I tut. 

"Fuck that, he needs to watch where he's going," He says, glaring at the man. "Come on," I sigh, tugging his arm in the direction of the door. 

As soon as we step out of the stuffy plane and into the Australian air a grin immediately adorns my face. The hot weather instantly shocks my body which is only used to the gloomy, freezing British climate. 

I'm still holding onto Carters arm as we descend the airplane steps and head towards baggage claim.

"What's so funny," Carter asks skeptically as I giggle at my phone. "Jayden," I reply, still laughing. "That prick," He mumbles under his breath, still agitated that I have Jayden's number even though we only use it to send memes back and forth.

We grab our suitcases before excitedly skipping out of airport, well I skipped while Carter strolled behind me. "Where to?" A taxi driver asks as we approach him. "Beltana Villa," I smile up at him.

He nods slowly before looking me up and down, making me shift on my feet. I slightly regret wearing my shortest shorts and my lilac crop top as his eyes burn into my body.

"Are we going to stand here all day or...?" Carter roll his eyes, his hand now protectively resting on my waist.

The taxi driver nods again before silently turning around, opening his door as we do the same. 

As the car drives steadily down the road I watch intently from the window, marvelling at this unfamiliar environment. This will be my first and last trip so I'm going to make it count and appreciate every single aspect of it.

"Woah it's so pretty," I squeal as the villa comes into view. I turn my head towards Carter, wanting to see his reaction but when I turn he's already looking at me. "Isn't it beautiful," I smile, pointing out the window. 

"Yeah," He mumbles, still looking at me.

'That'll be twenty seven dollars," The taxi driver announces. I reach into my pocket, about to give him the money out of the emergency five hundred quid that I took out of my closet but Carter beats me to it, swiftly placing his card down.

I glare at him as he laughs, "Annoying isn't it?" He teases, pulling open his door and climbing out. I do the same, following him to the boot. He passes me my suitcase before grabbing his and we take off in the direction of the villa.

The tiny little shack sits isolated on top of a small hill surrounded by wild, untamed plants. Calling this place a villa is a massive overstatement.

We circle around the small stone building, looking under every plant pot as we do so because the owner told us that's where he'd leave the keys.

"Wow," I marvel, scanning the beautiful garden. The massive pool is a stark contrast to the size of the house, it being at least twice the size. There's three teal coloured sun beds facing the pool as well as a hammock hanging from two huge eucalyptus trees.

There's also an extravagant outdoor bar, the counter being made out of stone as well as beautiful patterned tiles. 

"Ugh," Carter groans in annoyance, still searching under the plant pots as I admire the garden. Sensing that he's getting stressed, I turn around to help him look.

"There," I point towards the glistening silver that pokes out from underneath an orange plant pot.

He rolls his eyes, probably annoyed that I found it after two seconds of looking. "Lucky guess," He scoffs, heading towards the door.

The stunning wooden stained glass doors fling open, revealing one large room. The room is clearly a bedroom, with a large neatly made bed resting on the dark oak flooring in addition to a couple dozen plants and two nightstands.

A cream coloured archway across the room reveals a tiny kitchen on the other end, also decorated with numerous plants. 

"You take this one and I'll sleep in the other room," He offers, heading towards the other door. He opens it, only to stumble backwards in confusion.

"What the fuck," He curses, looking into the other room which is clearly just a bathroom. "The booking said two beds," He recalls, the anger evident in his voice.

"Well if you count the hammock," I snort, sitting down on the bed and pulling off my shoes. "What are we going to do," He mutters, running a hand through his hair.

"Well it's pretty obvious what we're going to have to do," I laugh, knowing this place doesn't even have a sofa.

"We'll have to share the bed."