Lamb to the slaughter

"Come onnn," Dex groans, following me out of the dorms and to my car

"Come onnn," Dex groans, following me out of the dorms and to my car. I roll my eyes, not replying as I unlock the door.

"Just do this one thing for me," He begs, still whining about wanting to meet this girl who only agreed to let him come over if he bought a friend for hers.

"I'll come after I do this," I finally concede, his annoying voice wearing down my will to live.

"Where are we going?" He asks, trying to open the locked passenger door. "We are not going anywhere, I'm going to meet someone," I tell him vaguely before starting up the car. "I'll pick you up in ten," I promise before driving off.

I drive in silence for only a minute, enjoying the quietness of the empty streets before my phone starts ringing.

I sigh before picking it up, the call immediately connecting to my car's bluetooth. "Carterrr," A drunken voice rings from the other end.

"Emilio," I greet, immediately recognising the voice of one of my closest friends. "Can you pick me please?" He slurs. "Tyler and Miles won't answer their phones, I think they're ignoring me," He hiccups.

I snort, knowing they probably are ignoring him because Emilio is a nightmare of a roommate.

"Yeah man send the address," I tell him before hanging up and sighing, wondering when I became the personal taxi driver of the group.

I pull into the desolate car park, seeing a small dark figure leaning against the wall I told them to wait for me at.

I grab the little baggie filled with pills out of the glove compartment before opening the car door and climbing out.

I shove my hands into my pockets, shielding them from the harsh temperatures of the autumn night as I approach the unknown person. I'm surprised when I get closer and see that the figure is a girl. Not many of them ask for fentanyl but who am I to judge.

"Twenty quid," I tell them, looking down to pull the pills out of my pocket. When I look up again my eyes immediately widen.

"Juliet?" I ask, genuinely surprised. She looks at me closer, obviously trying to make out who I am in the darkness.

"Never mind this was stupid," She rushes out after realising that it's me, shoving her money back in her pocket and pushing past me all while avoiding eye contact.

I grab her arm before she can get too far and turn her back around. "Really?" I raise my eyebrow, motioning towards the baggie.

"Well are you going to give them to me or not," She mumbles, extending her hand out to take them. "No," I snort. She rolls her eyes and tries to get past me again but I stand in front of her, effectively cornering her against the wall.

"Why this shit?" I ask. "Can't you just smoke a couple grams to destress like a normal person? I might have some in the car," I offer.

Normally I couldn't give less shits about what people buy from me as long as they're paying but for some reason this is different. I see no reason why she should need this highly addictive opioid when she could just smoke some weed like every other uni student.