Chapter 28 | Pressure is on

After seeing you leave Bakugo turns his gaze back to the arena. It’s going to take some time cleaning the place up. He is painfully aware of the idiot to his side is looking at him.

“What are you waiting for?” he whispers low enough for Katsuki to be the only one to hear.

The blonde clicks his tongue and hiss. “What do you mean shit for hair?”

The retort makes the other dude flinck but he keeps pushing. “You know…” Bakugo turns enough to give him a malicious stink eye daring him to finish the sentence. Eijiro blows out a breath instead of completing the sentence.

Silence again spreads.

“I know you like her..” Bakugos neck snaps and fury is blazing hot on his eyes. Not meeting the fiery gaze the redhead continues. “What I’m trying to say is that you might want to let her know that too. Before someone else tries to..” he stops as he sees the look the blonde is giving him.

“Mind your own business dweep! What do you think I’m doing!?” the guy explodes and in a flash he is on his feet leaving the seats.

As if he didn't know he should have made a move sooner. Knowing the reason you left your seat was not to prepare for your fight but to run to that half and half bastard. Clenching his teeth and shoving his hands in the pockets he walks on with no real aim.

Seeing you so engaged in a fight with the guy made him furious. It was a very informative fight none the less. Bakugo as well had been registering everything he could about the quirks the two opponents had show. That bastard had ended up finally using his fire side. The thought gave him pause.

A nightmarish image started to form in his mind. You had run off to get to… the fight had made the dude half naked. Pure instinct taking over Bakugo slams his fist in the wall leaving scorch marks and a huge dent. You should be his.

------------------------------

Running down the halls you finally get to your destination. The long passageway to the arena open as you turn the corner. Your friend is making his way towards you. Behind him you spot the flaming number 2 hero.

Jogging to him you grab his bare left arm and make a 180 following his lead walking away from his father.

“I don’t want to talk about it right now” he states simply. You grab slightly tighter letting him know you’re there for him.

“We should go to the locker room. You’re practically indecent Shoto!” you explain in mock exasperation pretending to gush and blush.

Giving you an incredulous look, he shakes his head. But nevertheless he follows your lead.

Entering the empty locker room he immediately tear the broken jacket off exposing his bare chest.

Looking at him up close you took him in with new eyes. He had grown so much since old times. No wonder all the girls in 1-A were hot for him. If he had not been like a brother to you things might have been different.

To distract yourself you walk to your locker and fish out your phone from underneath the cheerleading costume. Seeing the outfit makes you blush for real. Touching the fabric Katsukis predatory gaze clouds your thoughts.

The phone in your hands flashes a red light indicating you have a text.

From: Katsuki
To: y/n
You better win the next one pebble

The butterflies back in full force you read the text several times. Just one more win for both of you and you will have to get into the arena facing eachother.