Chapter 17 | Mutual attraction

The next day is Monday and you wake to your alarm going off telling you it's time to get up. You're still in the jeans and t-shirt from yesterday. You should probably do something about that. The room still smells slightly of the explosion boy and your gaze scans the room to make sure he's not there anymore. The scent is pleasant and safe. You crawl out of bed and slip into the shower.

Pulling on your school uniform you check your phone for messages. Nothing. You grab the bag from the floor and make your way to the front door. As you open it you see Katsuki sitting on the steps outside the dorm. "Morning" you yawn.

He stands up, turns and wraps his arms around you in one swift motion. Holding your head with one hand against his chest you stand there for a few moments in a silent hug. He smells so good. A faint trace of smoke and sweat behind his deo. His hand switches from the back of your head to the top as he steps back. "Come on newbie. Class is starting" Turning you by the head and lightly steering you forward before he lets go.

You softy

Feeling a bit awkward from both the day before and now a hug you walk in silence. Being near him is enough for now. You're a bit on edge from walking into the school with this boy by your side. He is usually not someone you get close to in public and he seems very unfaced by it this morning. Like something has changed.

Nearing the classroom you hear Kirishima call out. "Bakugo!" he reacts with a roll of his eyes and an annoyed expression.

"What do you want weird hair?" he yells back at the smiling Eijiro. You keep walking, leaving the boys to talk. Seeing some of the girls you make your way over. Standing next to Jiro as the others gossip. Stealing glances back at the boy who followed you to school.

He is obviously annoyed with anyone talking to him right now and only softens his expression as he catches you looking. The people around you start shuffling to get to the classroom and you begin to follow.

"Did I just see you enter the school with Bakugo?" Jiro whispers at you in the hall before you enter the classroom.

You shrug "Just a coincidence" not really sure what is going on between you it is better to play ignorance.

"Really?" your damn cheeks are deceiving you with their redness. "Hey, talk to me!" she calls as you try to get away.

"He's not really that bad" you say almost apologetic. Just as the words leave your mouth you know they are a lie. He is not bad at all. He is blunt and honest but that doesn't make him bad.

Her eyes widen in surprise. "You're not serious! y/n" smiling slightly giving you a disbelieving look. "You're badass I'll give you that, but it's Bakugo. You gotta have some kind of deathwish"

Why do people keep saying that

"Please don't say anything Jiro." You whisper "We've just been training for the festival together. There is nothing there." she gives you another look. Who are you really trying to convince her or yourself.

Showing her palms she replies "Fine, it's your business" she is not buying it but she can keep a secret. You like that about her, she keeps to herself and minds her own business. Grabbing your arms pulling you with her into the classroom.

Thoughts lingering on the day before and that oddly intimate hug this morning, you have a hard time paying attention to anything in class. What did that mean? Was he hugging you because of what you told about your parents or was something else going on. No matter what it felt comforting. When the bell rings to lunch you're pulled back to reality.

"y/n" Kirishima is calling your name. "You coming?" Leaving your desk you run to him and Denki who is waiting for you at the door.

"Looking good today y/n" Denki winks at you flirting as he always does. You're surprised Bakugo is not close by. These two are usually the only two people he lets himself be seen with.