Chapter 6 | Breach

First day was rough, but getting back to an empty dorm after all the events of the day had been even worse. Solidarity is not new to you but the silence of you room seemed daunting. You had spent the night cooking some dinner for yourself and ended up in bed watching tv shows and texting with the redhead had practically wrestled you for your phone number. He was sweet but not really your type.

Todo, Jiro and a few of the others had written you messages as well welcoming you to the class. They were making an effort to make you feel part of the group and it made your heart grow a bit with happiness.

As the show continued playing on the flatscreen you drifted off to a deep uninterrupted sleep. Nightmares of the events of your past had become a norm now and didn't wake you up screaming anymore. They just left you drained in the morning.

"Beep beep!"

Your eyes slit open and you see the alarm clock on the bedside table. It reads 7:00. Time for a morning run to brush off the dreams. Kicking off the covers you get in to your running clothes, tying your h/c hair into a ponytail and slip into your shoes before it says 7:05.

Throwing the front door open you're greeted by more peace and quiet. The dorm is located on the inside of the U.A perimeter and you're the first to have been moved here. Setting out at a steady running pace you start making your way around the grounds. Passing the beta ground and more arenas where the others had their entrance exams you thought again fall on the trials of yesterday.

U.A. is enormous and the first 10 minutes pass by without you running into a single student or teacher. Before you know you're surrounded by trees. The school even has a large forest inside the walls. Taking your time to explore the place you let your senses and quirk take in everything you can.

It takes you 20 minutes to maneuver through the growth and start seeing the main building of the school again. Some form of commotion is going on at the front gate. It must be the reporters who have been gathering ever since All Might announced his new job as teacher.

You jog to a stop and pull out one earbud as you get to the main road into the school. Eraserhead and Present Mic seem to be trying to usher people away not succeeding in any sense of the word.

"Outta my way damn plant girl." the short fused blond yells at you. You now notice the boy who is making his way to the entrance and his expression is back to normal. Without smiling you feel happier for him.

"Good morning to you too Kacchan" you give him an exasperated bow before you push in the earbud again and start running again. Picking up the pace for the final stretch.

He looks as you run off into the distance and snorts in annoyance at the name you just called him. A bit impressed that you find time for running before school and kinda admiring your form. He catches himself before this thought gets the better of him. Kicking the ground he continues towards the school.

7:50 you arrive at the classroom having taken a quick shower and changing to your uniform. Grabbing an apple on the way out to not skip breakfast completely. You still trying to finish the fruit as you find your seat behind Bakugou.

"Eat with your mouth closed you pig!" he snarls without turning.

"You do know how an apple works right porcupine?" you answer as you take another loud bite. Seeing him flinch at the sound makes you content in knowing things are back to normal with him.

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!?" he flares up from his chair and looks ready to kill. "I'LL TAKE YOU DOWN PLANT GIRL!"

"Oh, soooorry. I thought we were giving each other animal names. My mistake." You hear some of the other trying to hold back chuckles. Seeking Eijiro of the corner of your eye looking at you with admiration. Taking the last bite you throw the core perfectly in the trash can.