Chapter 10 | Ready to be strong

This is reddiculus. Is the only thought that goes through your mind the next morning. The conversation had stopped after you replied to the message last night. Frantically going through your wardrobe you pull out one garment after the other, trying to figure out what to wear. School is easy with its uniforms but this is a different matter.

Why do you even care. He is just an idiot who stole one of your possessions and is now returning it. It's not like it matters what you look like. You slip on some basic jeans and a dark t-shirt with Buffy the vampire slayer on it. The quote on the front says Are you ready to be strong?

The laptop is booming music on the speakers as you yell along with the lyrics. Better get some of that frustration out before having to face the hardhead. Noon is fast approaching and you pull your hair up in a ponytail before you leave the dorm to meet the explosive thief.

Walking to the front gate you see him leaning against the wall, hands in his pockets. He is wearing almost a matching outfit to yours. Jeans and a dark shirt, on his a white skull glares out at anyone daring to look at the boy. He hasn't seen you yet.

He has the same expression on his face as the one he wore at lunch yesterday. The sports festival must be on his mind. Looking thoughtful and deep in his own mind. You approach him and he looks up at you. Those red eyes meeting yours in a moment of slight surprise.

"Are you gonna give it back?" you splutter not giving him a chance to explain.

He looks you up and down resting his eyes on your shirt and chuffing. "Why are you on the inside already?" he nods at the school with indifference.

"Duh. I live here. Now give it here" you extend your hand out and make a small wave towards yourself.

He pushes away from the wall still with hands resting in his pockets. "Just hear me out first" he says walking past you. You stay where you are as the boy strides towards the training grounds. Making a slight glance over his shoulder he yells "Keep up nerd". Admitting defeat you jog to walk beside him. Just get it over with and you can go home.

"What is this about Bakugou?" you say as you enter the training grounds. "What are we doing here?"

No reply. He walks to the bleachers and sits down motioning you to sit down too. You stand your ground fearing what will happen next you want an easy escape. Even though he is not in battle mode you feel an odd vibe coming from him and it is keeping you on edge.

He lets out an exasperated breath and stands again. Throwing his hands up as to say to hell with it. The next words to come out his mouth takes you aback. "I want to train with you!" his eyes lock with yours again. No joke or lie in his expression.

You frown your eyebrows and don't quite know if you should laugh or take him serious. "I mean it!" he starts yelling. "Deku is reading my moves like an open book and you know martial arts. So teach me!" asking for help is not in his nature. He doesn't need your help but he wants it. If there is something he understands it is want and he will stop at nothing till he gets what he is after.

His fighting during the battle trials were painfully obvious but now is not really the time to train your opponents. What if you need to fight him at the festival. He is a dick and a manipulative bastard. You owe him nothing.

"Why would I? You been nothing but condescending towards me" you open your palms in outrage.

He starts to scratch his head lightly. Knowing you weren't likely to agree outright. He had to make it worth your while. "I could help you too." he says in a low tone. "At the USJ.. You can hold your own. But you rely on your close combat training and not your quirk. Let's team up and make the best of if before the festival." It's an honest offer and almost sounds like an apology for his words on the bus.