Chapter 9 | Beats

"Everyone!! Morning homeroom's about to begin. To your seats" the tall class presidents yells at the class. All except the main man is already in their chairs. You all look at him in disbelief.

Bakugou had not yelled at you this morning which was a first. He had however given Iida an earful for being on his case for having his feet on the table. The relaxed blond had no intention of putting his legs down and the tall boy was in an uproar. The porcupine being who he is made you smile slightly. You had missed his presence at bit at the dinner last night.

Thinking of the soba you turned to look at Todo at the back of the class. You send him a small wave to say a silent "Good morning". He returned it no smile on his lips.

The door creeps open and a familiar figure appears in the opening. "Morning" a heavily bandaged Eraser head says.

Already back on his feet. That's a pro hero for you.

Everyone is surprised to see the teacher back so fast even if he still looks quite beaten up. "My welfare isn't important" the gloomy Aisawa says as he sits behind his desk. "Because your fight is far from over" impending doom heavy in his words.

"Don't tell me.. More villains" Izuku mutters in fear. The boy once again looks beaten up. When is he gonna learn.

The homeroom teacher looks up and pierces you all with an intense stare. "U.A.'s sports festival is fast approaching"

You bite your lip not wanting to be the first to speak out. Mineta obviously shaking says "We just had a villain attack. You sure about this?!" the perv is insecure and really don't want more action so soon.

The teachers' stare is unwavering as he continues. "It's necessary." he stands up as tall as he possibly can in his state "To demonstrate that U.A.'s crisis management protocols are sound. That's the thinking apparently." He lets out a small sigh. "Compared to past years there will be five times the security. Anyhow, our sports festival is... the greatest opportunity you'll get"

You can no longer keep quiet. "This is all well and good but can someone explain to me what this sports festival is?" It sounds quite important but you have no recollection of ever hearing about it.

Izuku turns to you and asks. "y/n... the sports festival doesn't reach europe?" you simply shake your head.

"Our sports festival is one of japan's biggest events" the teacher offers. "Before quirks the olympics were the norm in defining human physique. In Japan, we now have the U.A. Sports Festival. The students display their abilities for the public while every pro hero and scout agency will be there to find futures heroes and sidekicks." the room is practically buzzing now with anticipation. "You time for preparations is limited. The festival starts in 2 weeks time. I suggest you start focusing on what you can do to impress the country. Show the pros what you're made of!"

The bell rings and it's lunch time. Nobody is making their way out of the room. Instead they gather in small groups to converse about the festival. You walk to Deku and Ida who are already deep in the excitement.

"y/n. Deku. Ida..." a scary voice sounds "At this sports festival... Let's do our best!" the once bubbly Uraraka now has a deadly look in her eye. This girl is out for blood.

"Are you okay?" you ask her concerned. She just turns to the rest of the class and yells "Everyone! I'm gonna crush this!" all captured by her spirit you throw your fist in the air along with the others.

Todo walks up to you still no emotion on his face "Wanna go to lunch?" the question is simple.

"Sure" you say a bit distracted.