Chapter 19 | Bring it all together

This is the last full day of workout before it all comes together in the tournament friday. Tomorrow is a school day and the day where you’re going to meet the blond boy's parents. You’ve been having a restless night. Waking up to find the room dark and Bakugo missing. Tossing and turning your thoughts kept you from sleeping soundly.

Grabbing your phone to check the time you see there is still one and a half hour till the alarm you’ve been keeping active the last few days. Knowing it is futile to try and get any more sleep you kick off the covers and start your day. No time like the present.

Breakfast is the first thing on your agenda and you make your way downstairs. Everything is so quiet at this hour. The only sounds are the soft clinks as the rice hits the bottom of the cooker. Having plenty of time you decide on a full breakfast meal japaneese style. You hit the on button on the rice cooker and move on to the fish, eggs and soup.

Bustling around the kitchen helps you keep your mind on something different. Only getting sidetracked by the thoughts of the explosion boys smiles and bare chest. The alarm on the cooker tells you the rice is done and you arrange the meal. Digging in you’re still distracted by the memories. Cursing yourself for letting him get to you so easily.

Not really tasting the food you shove it all in. Cleaning everything after you’ve finished. Still plenty of time before training begins you cannot sit still anymore. You need to move. Going through the clean clothes you got hanging on the drying rack you pull on a fresh set of workout clothes. Grabbing your mp3 you make your way to the training grounds a full 45 minutes before time.

Jogging from the dorm to the arena you blast the music mouthing the lyrics just in case anyone else is awake. To your surprise the boy is already there. Dropping his bag by the bench he hears you approaching. “You just couldn’t wait to see me again?” he raises his eyebrows in confidence and a hint of surprise.

Pulling out the earbuds sending the booming bass out. “What?” you call out not having heard him over the volume. Wrapping up the headset and pausing the music you place it on the bench beside his stuff.

“I asked if you couldn’t wait to see me again” he states again. His posture is relaxed giving no indication that he has missed any hours of sleep like you. In reality he had just as many problems sleeping as you did.

You’re not ready for the question and just answer the first thing which comes to mind. “No” you say automatically. Giving no clear signal of you meant that you could or could not wait. This was too early and you had not had enough sleep for his sass.

He looks at you in slight puzzlement. “What does that mean? Did you sleep at all?” taking the bags under your eyes as a clear sign you did in fact not.

“No I didn’t want to wait with seeing you” the words are out of your mouth before you can catch them. This makes you wake up. Bakugo's face is stunned at your blunt response. “The workout I meant” your eyes wide.

He is not buying it at all. Biting the inside of his lower lip as the corners of his mouth turn up. “Whatever you say rocky” you pull yourself together and meet his eyes. You start backing up inviting him to join you on the floor. Stalkingly he follows you.

Readying yourself you wait for the first attack. “Nuh uh” he shakes his head at you making you cock your head a bit in question. “We spared yesterday. It’s only fair you do some quirk work now” sighing you comply. Taking a wide stance you pick up a large boulder. Keeping it suspended in the air.

The rock is the same size as the first day. Large enough to compare to a big fridge. You don’t feel the strain yet. Bakugo looks on in amazement as you ground your right foot deeper into the dirt and pull an equal sized stone to rest in the air beside the first.