Dont Give Up

Time lapse:
Month One- Gerard became extremely sick without the reliance of pills or alcohol but slowly got better. Lindsey kept him clean or cuts and Burns and made sure he was happy and okay on a daily basis. Little by little he pulled to recovery with visits from Mikey, Mikey was the only one aloud to visit and couldn't talk about Frank no matter how much Gerard pleaded.
Frank- Frank realized that cutting could make him temporarily numb and he craved that. He disappeared from the outside world and always pretended he wasn't home when Andy came by. He had days where he didn't get out of bed, and days where he couldn't. The depression settled deep inside him and worsened with each cut.
Month Two-
Gerard - Gerard was now on the terms of recovery. Lindsey helped him count down the days to discharge and he was energetic constantly. He had grown very attached to coffee which was common in recovery patients. He was aloud to leave his room and meet other people there. Lindsey took him off of suicide watch after Gerard swore he'd never harm himself. He had a constant smile and met Bandit, she'd now come to work with Lindsey on Mondays and Wednesdays and Gerard would read to her. It was almost as if she was his kid too. And he couldn't stop smiling when Bandit called him Dad. Lindsey didn't mind and just smiled at them. He was recovered.
Frank- Frank fell into the worst days of his life. He cut on a daily basis and never left his room. It was rare when he forced something down to keep him alive. He was sickly thin now and just wished he could die. Andy stopped visiting the place was collecting dust and the white sheets were covered in dried blood.

Release day: January 3rd, 2001.

Gerards POV.

Ray didn't show up to get me, he was in county jail for drunk driving... Mikey picked me up instead. "Gerard, Mikeys here," Lindsey said from the doorway. She had a bittersweet smile on her face. "what's wrong?" I asked tying my shoes.
"I rarely get patients like you Gerard. Ones with exceptional art and a cooperation as good as yours. Especially not one who would read to Bandit. She's in the lobby too. She told me she wanted to say bye to her dad." Lindsey forced a smile through her long paragraph but her eyes brimmed with tears. I hugged her gently and she leaned on my shoulder. "I feel like in a different life me and you had a connection Gerard." She admitted and fixed my slightly messy hair. "Same here Lindsey." I said and she smiled, "Alright let's get you out there Gee." She said and patted my shoulder, I kissed her cheek and she smiled.
As we walked through all the area where they let the patient's hang out people would look at my suitcase and clap and offer smiles and as me and Lindsey stepped onto the elevator everyone said "Congratulations Gerard!" And the doors shut and I was almost crying from happiness.
"You deserve this," Lindsey commented and I smiled over at her as the elevator doors opened. Mikey ran at me, not having spoken to me without a layer of glass between us I had never seen Mikey smile like he was.
"Gee! Oh my God you're so small. And wow... just yes!" Mikey babbled as he hugged me and went on and on, but I listened, knowing Mikey was just happy, I was too.
He smiled and side stepped when Bandit tugged his jacket sleeve and crossed her arms, "Uncle Mikey!" She shouted, well little kid shouted, it wasn't too loud. Lindsey smirked and facepalmed and smiled, "Hey kid." I said and she hugged me tightly and laughed, I laughed too. "No more books?" She asked already kind of knowing I was about to leave. "No Bandit... I'm sorry but this is the last time I'll see you." I admitted and she poked my nose. "Nah uh." She insisted. "Well I'm about to leave dear, I can't hang around forever."
Bandit smiled and uttered a few words I'll never forget, "Daddy angels always go back to heaven. I'll see you there." She hugged me and walked over to Lindsey who looked a little shocked.
"I love you daddy!" Bandit called and me and Mikey walked away rather astonished. "I love you too kid! See you there." Mikey just chuckled as we got in his car.
"Take me to Frankie's." I instructed and Mikey sighed and looked over at me. "Gee look, Frank was sleeping with Andrew from physics for a while... actually the week after you left. Then he just disappeared. He's at home and he's been seen at the grocery store a few times but other than that he's just been gone. He looks super sad but Ray told me not to talk to him."
I felt slightly angered, "Take me now. Ill figure a way home just leave me there." Mikey hesitated but nodded. "So Lidnsey seemed pretty cool, you gonna see her again?" I chuckled. "Lindsey is beautiful, and Bandit is amazing but she could loose her job and I'm kind of gay... and Frank." I trailed off as we pulled up to the old house which could really use some work, the grass was dead in the winter air, the porch had plants creeping up, the only indication of life was Franks car sitting in the drive. Mikey pulled away and I found the door unlocked, so I just opened it.
Franks POV.
I heard the door downstairs open and I immediately sat up, wincing at the pain that shot up my spine and arms from pulling myself up so fast, scabs tore and blood dripped slowly from my arm and I felt dizzy, malnutrition obvious in my mind but I couldn't bring myself to try and protect myself, maybe the intruder will kill me.
I nearly screamed when I heard a faint voice in the hallway. "Frankie?" That couldn't be Gerard... he had been gone for ages. It must have been my mind playing tricks from food deprivation. A figure poked into my room, greasy looking black hair, pale skin, hazel eyes, and pale pink lips proved me wrong, it was Gerard!
I kept my wrists beneath the cover but Gerard could see my paleness, the dust collecting on the things around me, the circles under my eyes, the look on my face gave me away and as he connected the dots I broke down. "Baby no.." He said brokenly as he gently sat on the bed next to me and pulled the covers back, his eyes meeting the bloodstained sheet first then my wrists and he broke down. "Gerard I-I-I.." He cut me off by raising a shaky hand as tears trickled down his face and I felt horrid.
"Shirt... shirt now." He commanded and I hesitated to pull the sweater off and he let out a breathe as the scars,cuts, and Burns revealed themselves. "Come here." He said almost a whisper.
I gently slid closer and he looked at my visiable rib cage, meerely covered in skin. "Frankie baby why?" He asked stroking my hair as I sobbed against him. "I th-thought you hated me... a-and you were n-never coming back... and it m-made me numb and I couldn't st-stop... I-Im sorry."
"Shh... baby I was in rehab and I got sober for you... I walked away because I was tired of hurting you.. I'm here now okay? Its gonna get better... we're gonna take care of you and get you back to normal."
I felt so warm and weak at the same time, like I couldn't get enough sobs out. "What i-if I can't get normal a-again?" I choked out. "You can baby... let's go get you some food.. I'm here now. Its okay. Okay?" He was so comfortable to be around and I felt like he was getting ready to stitch me up...he was. "Okay..." under any other scenario I'd kiss him.. but not yet.. not now.
He's home.. and that's all that matters for now.

Stay tuned.