Friends.

Gerard's POV
I woke up while the sun was slowly going down, Frank slept soundly next to me. I looked at him, he was so boney.. so small and frail. "Frankie dear," I murmured kissing his forehead gently. He sighed and opened his eyes slowly and smiled at me. "Come on.. I want to get you some food and then we're gonna go for a walk. I don't know how the world went on without you." He sat up slowly and I winced at the marks along his entire body... I guess when you run out of skin...
I stood up and helped him up, not saying he needed much help to stand up but I wanted to be here for him. "I got it Gerard," He said and took the lead downstairs where I made him a bowl of soup. "So how was rehab?" He asked making conversation as I looked at the dusty kitchen. "It was okay... I got super sick for a while, and they kept me on suicide watch for the first month so my nurse had to check me every day so that was uncomfortable. My nurses name was Lindsey and she was beautiful. Divorced and has a kid named Bandit. I read to Bandit twice a week and she called me dad.. today when Mikey picked me up I told her we might not see each other anymore and she told me all angels go to heaven so I'd see her there.." Frank smiled weakly at me. "Was she hot? I mean did you like her?"
I chuckled and rested my head on my palm. "It could danger her career, and she knows I'm gay.. and we talked about you on a daily basis." I said calming his curious ideas about me and Lindsey, she was my friend.. Frank was the only person I had my eyes on for the moment. "Thats cute about Bandit by the way." He commented. "Hows your body holding up? Still sick?"
He signed and leaned back, "No.. I was on medication for a while but I never really took it after the first few days.. I even stopped smoking for a short bit I'm okay now." He finished his soup and leaned back. "How about you get a shower and get dressed and I'll clean up some of this dust... and then we'll go for a walk." I suggested and he nodded. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his now smaller waist, it was different, but it was Frank and I still love him.
Our lips were inches apart and I was so close to kissing him but I didn't. "Heh... sorry." I muttered and he headed back upstairs as I began cleaning.
Me and Frank never actually dated, we're not dating now...In fact I'm sort of still his tutor.. and if it weren't Sunday I'd be at school right now... tomorrow I needed to go back.. and I need to talk to Frank about him going back.
Even if I do have a silly crush on him I most likely wasn't in love... and I needed to focus on my art and my future.. two months out of school and the excuse? Rehab... Frank had this way of coming into your life and distracting you from what you were doing.. I want him around more than anything and Ill keep him but we needed to talk.
The kitchen was brightly lit and looked like someone had touched it on a daily basis when Frank came downstairs with skinny jeans and a sweater. "Ready?" I asked with a crack in my voice that made me want to slap myself. The thoughts had returned the whole bad boy and tutor vibe and I felt strange next to him.
He nodded and we headed out the door in the direction of town. "So, I'm going back to school tomorrow... and I want you to go back too." I said knowing he was about to be angry. "Go back? They're going to punish me for all that shit I did..I'll be in the boarding section for the rest of the year and you'll have to keep tutoring me and we'll slip away from each other.. and I don't want to face Andy and Dan and everybody after all of this I'll be a joke Gerard!"
"Frank I just think we need to go back.. okay you passed out and got sick and.. I don't know who Andy is and what you two are in relation for because as far as I know you two have never spoken! You think youll be the joke Frankie? Everyone knows I went to rehab you'll be the joke but Ill be the alcoholic pill Popper with a coke addiction. So we'll have it bad for a bit but is it worth trashing our entire future? Ill still be your tutor and I'll still be your friend, just please go back.. for me?" He bit his lip in thought and then nodded. "Whatever.. I'll go back."

"What are we?" He asked looking down at his converse as we walked. "Friends. I think." I said as we walked past the park where two kids were smoking behind a bush, as though we couldn't see them. "I don't want to be friends... I really like you." He said quietly. "I don't wanna rush." I said back and he nodded. "We'll take it slow then?" He suggested I nodded and smiled.
"Hold on," I gently held his arm, turned him twoards me, and kissed him gently. I felt him smile and then I pulled away. "Now.. we'll take it slow." He blushed and nodded. "So uh... who's Andy?" He explained everything to me and I signed. "Oh.. That's a little... wow." I stated and Frank sighed.
"S-sorry." He murmured and lit a cigarette, I did the same. "This is pretty bad Ya know? Me bringing us back to reality and all but I just think we need to come to terms with the fact that this is real life and we need to focus on that." I said and Frank nodded. "Do you want to come over to my house and stay there for tonight? You know... as friends? I think we acheived that title." I said and Frank nodded.
The reality of this was harsh and well... reality. "Come on.. let's go." I said as we walked up to the small flat, unattended for two months but in a much better condition than Franks. No overgrown shrubbery creeping up onto the house or porch, there was nothing that looked unsettling about the home, it was my house, and that was that.