VII - Is this a cut scene?

He stood up and put his phone away and smiled at the other. "It's no problem at all- woahhh you look so cool dude. I love your eyes and hair!" Dazai was thinking for a moment and wondered if this was possibly the new kid everyone heard about. He did stand out from everyone else. He has never seen the kid before so he figured he must've been new.

Nikolai tilted his head in some confusion but then he chuckled as he brought his head back up. "Thank you~! You also look cool" he said with a happy small smile on his face. He wasn't used to compliments but then he wanted to ask where the office was but he was also afraid to be a bother to someone especially on his first day.

"Forgive me for asking but are you the new kid everyone's talking about? I don't recognize you." He also said that because kids would've freaked out and ran away by now but this one wasn't scared of him. As far as he could tell.

Nikolai stopped feeling as afraid but now more curious as he asks him that. "Talking about? Interesting.. I am new, yes." He replied and honestly didn't really like the idea of other people talking about him but maybe it wasn't as bad as he thought? He wasn't sure.

He holds out his hand and smiles "I'm Dazai, if you'd like I can show you around and help you find your classes?" As he said this there were many students staring and whispering when they were walking by. Considering most people feared Fyodor and their group. They thought Nikolai was in serious trouble. Dazai ignored all the stares though and had the biggest smile on his face.

He takes the other's hand as he smiles a bit more, a bit more comfortable now. "I'm Nikolai, and I would appreciate that. I am completely lost here" he said with a laugh, trying to turn it into a joke. As he walked next to Dazai he noticed people staring and whispering but he was too busy thinking about having a new friend to worry about them as much. He was actually pretty excited to finally talk to someone new. It felt different from his regular everyday life.

"Okay so if you'll just give me your schedule~" He looked at the new kids schedule and smiled. "Looks like we have the first class together but the rest unfortunately you won't have me but you'll have my friend Fyodor in the rest! I hope you two do meet." He said to the other and then started pointing out the important places that Nikolai would need to know like... Where the gym was, library, cafeteria, boys bathroom. "And that's about it! Also make sure to stay away from these dudes, they love to mess with people." He shows Nikolai a picture of guys that Dazai, Chuuya, and Fyodor did not get along with. Especially Fyodor.

Nikolai let him look at his schedule then he nodded his head, listening to everything dazai told and showed him. Then when Dazai brought up a Fyodor after he finished talking he tilted his head slightly. "Fyodor? I'm not sure what he looks like but I'll try to keep an eye out for him. I'm sure it won't be difficult to find him eventually" he laughed a little at the end then he smiled again. "Thank you for showing me around, at least we have the first class together.. Speaking of- isn't class about to start?" He asked, looking down at the schedule again to check what time the first period starts. "Yeah we should head to class now, i'm not a fan of schools but i definitely don't feel like getting scolded" he said in a way he was joking around with the other one.

Dazai "Fyodor is shorter than me, brunette, and has pretty eyes. But dude always looks tired. Anywho the class is right here let's head in" He said to the other opening the door for him. As they both walked into the class everyone looked towards Nikolai's way only to see dazai right next to him and they all looked away quickly. "PROFESSOR MEET THE NEW KID!"

Nikolai walked in with Dazai but when he exclaimed that he looked over at the other. "That's quite an introduction" he said, a tiny bit nervous about how today will play off still but realizing he is feeling better the more he makes jokes about it. Then he looked over at the professor, unsure what to expect.