Chapter 9 - I Defied Death for This

He smiled as he heard Nikolai's excitement. "I hope you'll like it, it was rather quick to throw together. Here follow me to the dining room." Fyodor had led the way and pulled out the chair for Nikolai. Whilst sitting across from him. He looked up at the other before eating because he wanted to make sure that he had liked the food.

Nikolai followed him into the dining room and sat down by the table as he started to eat. "I love this! It tastes amazing.. How did you make it so good so fast!" He asked as he took a couple more bites of it, he hadn't eaten all day so this was like heaven to him, he really did love Fyodor's cooking.

Fyodor sat beside him and laughed a bit before beginning to eat. "It's quite easy to make but next time you can tell me what your favorite sauce is and I'll make it just as amazing for you." He said to the other and continued to eat. He was glad Nikolai loved his meal that he had whipped together in 15 minutes. He was worried for quite a bit that Nikolai wouldn't have liked it.

Nikolai was super happy after eating it and he finally finished it. "That was extremely delicious though! I think you did use my favorite sauce already" he said with a small giggle added to the end of his sentence.

Fyodor had finished eating as well, and shortly smiled afterwards. He was glad he basically made Nikolai's favorite meal. "I'm happy that you enjoyed your meal then. Umm... my parents are working late again if you want to stay longer to hangout...?" He didn't really want the other to go so soon.

He smiled at the others' offer and nodded his head. "I'd love to stay around longer, what should we do?" Nikolai asked him. He was happy that Fyodor wanted to hang out with him more, he felt really safe around him and didn't want the time to end at all.

Fyodor looked around for a bit and then went to his book shelf to pull out a novel. A mystery about a killer who killed his entire family. Claimed he has gone insane, that voices told him to do it. Fyodor gave the novel to Nikolai. "Perhaps we could read this together... im not sure if that sounds boring... if not we could play video games heh..."

Nikolai got even more happy when he saw fyodor loved to read books so he jumped up excitedly as he looked at the other one "i'd love to! I love reading so much, what's the book called?" He asked the other as he continued to look at him with a happy grin on his face.

Fyodor smiled and his face brightened up when Nikolai said he loved reading. His heart quite literally dropped. He then says the name of the book and explains the summary of the book but without really giving away what it is called. "So how shall we do this..?"

He nodded his head and looked at Fyodor "of course!~" he said happily as he grinned even more and found a place on the couch for them to sit at, he grabbed a blanket too sharing it with the other.

Fyodor sat next to him getting under the blanket, once he was comfortable and made sure Nikolai was comfortable they both opened the book, and took turns reading the book out loud and holding it together. They sat there for about an hour just reading the book.

As they took turns, eventually Nikolai got so comfortable he drifted off to sleep while fyodor was reading his part out loud, before he could finish Nikolai was completely out, with his head against his shoulder. Not purposely, his head just fell that way and landed like that. While he was snuggled in the blanket, fyodor's voice calmed him down a lot; so much he felt sleepy when fyodor read to him.

After a moment of looking down at Nikolai to notice he had drifted off to sleep, Fyodor slowly grabbed his phone out of his pocket to check the time without waking up Nikolai. It was about 6:00 pm or so, still bright outside. He figured he could just let Nikolai sleep but he wasn't sure on how to move without waking up the other. He then slowly pushed Nikolai off to the side.

Nikolai remained asleep as Fyodor pushed him off to the side slowly, then he curled into a ball position; by wrapping his arms around his knees and continued to sleep that way. He looked a lot calmer than he usually acts when he is awake but everyone looks peaceful when they sleep. Nikolai was just a huge fan of sleeping, the only time he can be free from himself and the world is when he's asleep anyway so he indeed was much more peaceful during those times.

Some time went by for the both and Fyodor had come back to the couch with a little tupper bowl and a kid covering the rest of the pasta. He wanted to send some food home for Nikolai before waking the other up. He sets down the bowl and leans over the other patting him gently

"Nikolai... wake up.... It's quite late now. I'm sure your mother is probably worried?" He said in a hushed tone trying his best to not scare the other awake.

Nikolai woke up and looked around the place, normally his mother does not try to wake him up nor does she care enough to check on him much. But he opened his eyes and looked at Fyodor "what time is it? And I don't think my mother cares enough to worry about me and my sleep - - thank you though." He seemed to appreciate that Fyodor woke him up but his voice was still quite tired. He could go back to bed in an instant if he laid back down.

Fyodor looked down at the other and smiled slightly. He wasn't sure what to do considering it was pretty late and they both had to wake up early for school. "It is currently 10:00 pm... but if you'd like.. you could possibly stay the night? I can let you sleep in my bed and I'll sleep on the couch." He asked the other, sitting on the ledge of the couch. Even though they've only just met, he didn't really want the other to leave either. He wasn't sure why he admired the other quite a lot.

He rubbed his eyes for a second then he took out his phone. Checking to see if he got any messages from his mom, he spoke while doing so. "Hmm.. I think I can stay for tonight. But are you sure about letting me sleep on your bed?" When he saw that it has been hours since he returned home, he noticed his mother never messaged him once. No calls or any reminders about anything. Yep, he expected such from her, yet it still hurt him. He didn't let it show though; instead he turned his phone back off and smiled at Fyodor and he laughed lightly. "Yeah, if you don't mind.. Can I stay here?" He didn't want to go home at all.

Fyodor smiled and held out his hand to help up the other. He looked into the others' eyes, noticing how they're both different colors. He wondered to himself how one person could look so good and unique. He pulled out his thoughts and said, "I do not mind if you want to stay the night, we can walk to school together." After helping up the other he waved his hand for Nikolai to follow him upstairs.

Side note: I am so sorry for making you wait, i am pulling an 'asagiri' so i am posting parts of the chapters now, so i can post more. This is part one of chapter 9! :)