Chapter 9 (pt.2) - I defied death for this

Nikolai smiled back as he followed him upstairs, he left his phone in the living room. He didn't care about messaging his mother. She probably wasn't even thinking about him, but instead was spending her time in a bar getting drunk like she always used to do. That thought bugged him, she always acted so differently when she was drunk. As he followed Fyodor he looked at him. "I am glad to have met you, walking to school with a friend will definitely be less lonely!~" he said happily as he laughed a little bit.

Fyodor got to the top of the stairs and turned around smiling at the other. "I'm glad that you just so happen to be my neighbor... and the fact you ran into my friends before me." He said to the before turning away to walk to his room. "I'm glad to have you as my friend as well." He could feel that his cheeks felt warm for a month but rubbed his face before looking back over to Nikolai opening his door to the room. Allowing Nikolai to walk in first before closing the door.

Nikolai walked into the room, smiling really big now. He seemed happier than usual.. But he was feeling a lot more than happiness right now. A lot ran through his mind, especially things about his mother... not very happy thoughts about her, yet he thought happy thoughts about Fyodor. It made him feel weird.. Or so he thought that this is what he was feeling. It was something much more. "Thank you! Ah, and about what happened.. It is a weird coincidence- but I am also glad this all happened." He said with a smile on his face still as he looked at Fyodor.

Fyodor went to drawers to pull out a T-shirt, pants, and shorts for Nikolai considering he didn't know what Nikolai was comfortable with and turned around. "I'm grateful for it." He smiled at the other as he pulled out shorts for himself, walking towards the door. "I'll be right back, going to change in the bathroom." He noticed NIKOLAIS demeanor would change quite drastically, he'd go from smiling to seeming sad. Fyodor was confused as to why but he was filling to try and poke at him for tonight.

The white haired man smiled at the other, as the russian walked out. "Thank you, these will be very comfortable for tonight!" He said as he waited for the other to leave so he could put the clothes on. After Fyodor left the room, he started to change. He hated the thoughts he kept getting, the thoughts of his mother. His father too.. They would randomly come and go. It felt like needles stabbing at his head, like a major headache. He tried distracting himself more so he reached for his phone, but then he remembered he left his phone down stairs...

Fyodor had changed out of his school uniform and quickly puts on the shorts he wears to sleep. Once he finished changing he did his usual bathroom routine, brushing his teeth, washing his face, and then fixed his hair a bit. He would usually shower at night, but he figured he could skip for tonight since he had someone staying the night. Perhaps he could just sleep in his parents room so that way he could be a bit closer to Nikolai? Probably the best idea. He grabs his dirty clothes and heads back to the room opening the door.

Nikolai was about to walk out, not paying attention to Fyodor coming in because he was still half asleep and he didn't expect for Fyodor to return so soon.. He runs directly into Fyodor, knocking them both down to the ground, he falls backward and grabs onto the first thing he can reach; which was Fyodor's arm; they both panicked a bit as all of this happened fast. Nikolai fell down completely now and accidentally dragged Fyodor along with him, his eyes were closed as this happened; after a few seconds he opened them and saw Fyodor leaning over him holding himself up before he crushed him.

Fyodor's face flushed quite a bit and he quickly got up rolling over to the side. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you! Are you okay?!" He asked the other sort of panicking. He was so embarrassed that just happened he didn't know what to do, but he was also concerned if he had hurt Nikolai somehow. Their first sleepover and already an accident. Including the awkward position they were just in. Out of habit Fyodor covered his face with both of his hands. So that Nikolai wouldn't see how red his face was.

Nikolai stared at him in shock for a few moments as he sat up but then out of nowhere he burst out laughing, he could not believe that just happened. He was embarrassed about running into Fyodor but he couldn't hold back the laughter. He held his stomach because it started hurting as he continued laughing, after almost what felt like a minute or longer..he calmed himself down, as his face was now red from all the laughing and he had the biggest smile.

He certainly felt better that night just from that long laugh, he put his hand on Fyodor's shoulder and that big smile turned into a more genuine smile.

"Hey, don't worry about it! I wasn't paying attention, I should be the one apologizing. Not you!" He said as he looked at Fyodor, he felt so many emotions. He didn't understand why, perhaps he was just really happy? That's what he let himself believe.

Fyodor watched the other laugh which helped him kind of relax, but he loved that Nikolai found it entertaining. His laugh made him smile. Fyodor got up and held out his hand to help up Nikolai. "It's that funny hmm?" He said to him in sort of a teasing tone but he laughed it off as well. Grabbing hold of Nikolais hand bringing him up to his feet.

Nikolai was caught off guard by the sudden teasing that his friend was doing to him. When Fyodor took him by the hand and helped him stand back up, Nikolai looked at him and his smile grew even bigger than before as his cheeks begun to flush, they were a rosy pink and he looked away from Fyodor, trying to look at something else in the room for a moment.

"It was that funny, it felt like we were recreating a scene from a romantic comedy show!" Right as those words came out, his eyes stopped roaming around the room as they stared at Fyodor once again. He was admiring his friend but he was never going to admit that out loud.

Fyodor smiled after hearing what the other had said, even the fact that Nikolai was blushing, in the moment he had figured Nikolai out. What he was feeling and thinking. Though he wasn't going to say anything,It felt nice having someone like him around. "I suppose yes, sort of scared me a bit. Thought I had hurt you. Anyway, perhaps we should get ready to go to bed?"

As Fyodor mentioned getting ready to go to sleep, Nikolai's eyes widened a little bit. He had completely forgotten about it being night for them and they still have school tomorrow. His eyes quickly returned to their normal expression. As he started to laugh he sorta did a little twirl quickly.

"Hahahaha! Oh my!.." He had his right hand on top of his head then he stood still and his laughter died down. "I had completely forgotten about what time it is right now! You are certainly right, we should head to bed."

Fyodor smiled and nodded, bending over to pick up the clothes he had dropped earlier to go put them away in the dirty clothes. "Is there anything you need before I go to my parents room to sleep? I'll be next door if not."

He smiled at Fyodor as he took his hand off of his head and held his hands together behind his back. "Nope! I am okay, thank you for letting me stay here for tonight. It means a lot to me, I hope you rest well! My friend." As he called Fyodor his friend he could feel his heart getting warmer, almost like it was melting but he was thinking it's probably just because he is feeling tired.

Fyodor smiled at Nikolai and walked towards him with a small little hug. "Thank you for staying and trying my food, I'm glad to have you as my friend." He said to Nikolai with a genuine tone before letting go and walking away towards the door, as he walked out and before closing the door he turned around and smiled. "Goodnight Nikolai."

Nikolai had hugged him back and he felt a little surprised by the hug. He did not expect for Fyodor to do that before leaving, but he was happy about it. He looked at his friend as his eyes lit up and he spoke in a cheerful tone."It was no problem at all! I really loved your cooking, and well.. Staying at your house, kinda feels like my first ever sleep over. It has been really fun!"

He said to the other with a genuine smile on his face the whole time.
He watched Fyodor walk towards the door and he kept smiling the whole time, when Fyodor turned around and said good night, Nikolai gave him a small wave goodbye then he brought his hand down. "Goodnight, Fyodor. See you tomorrow!" After saying that he waited for the door to shut.