Chapter 15 (The past & present.)

Years passed after that night and Fyodor had ordered Nikolai to meet him in the glasshouse, which was one big space room that looked very purple. Almost like it was glowing with purple lights, it had glass in it though. He sat in a chair inside of a bright purple room, with nothing around him. While he played the cello. His legs on both sides of the cello and he was gently moving the wand to make rhythm with the cello. He tilted his head upwards and let his messy dark hair fall down. And he had his eyes closed. After a few minutes of playing his cello in complete silence... Nikolai used his overcoat to get to Fyodor and he twirled out of the overcoat. While he was twirling he was so fast he looked like a tornado. He stopped spinning and he looked at Fyodor, he placed his hand upon his hip while looking down at the man who was sitting in a chair. Just playing his cello. "My, my~ did you miss me already dos-kun?" The clown questioned him while he had a smile on his face. He moved his hand to his cheek and tilted his head to the left a little bit. "Wow~" his voice was laced with amusement. "Not exactly" Dostoyevsky answered honestly, then he slowly looked up at Nikolai with his dark purple eyes.

"I need answers from you, Kolya." His voice was calm but serious, he kept his eyes on Nikolai while he continued to play. Nikolai laughed then he looked down at the ground, feeling a bit out of place today. Not sure why, but he couldn't figure out any of his emotions currently. "You could have just asked! I am a magician, ask me anything" The clown said to the man while his eyes looked back at him, he had a small smile on his face. "Oh, but I am asking you." He laughed and he sat up straight, leaning over Nikolai. "Where is your loyalty, Nikolai? Tell Me... Do you consider yourself to be on the side of angels, or the side of demons?" Fyodor looked to him and he smiled again. Nikolai looked at Fyodor. He thought about that question, he didn't have much purpose to his life right now. Nothing even mattered to him. His tone changed to a curious one. "Metaphorically?" he asked Fyodor, still looking at him, with a neutral expression now. "Literally." He emphasized the word literally. He leaned back into the chair and he stared at Nikolai. "Tell Me... Which faction is it that you support, Kolya?" He chuckled in a light-hearted way but still keeping a serious tone. He continued to play his cello, giving Nikolai time to think.

Nikolai realized his question then he looked down. Thinking about it all. The only thing he could think about was freedom, so he looked up at Fyodor. With pain in his voice just the tiniest bit, he mentioned to cover it up with a big smile and he continued to look at Fyodor. "I choose freedom. That is where my loyalty will stay. One day being free." He smiled even more then he looked back down.
"I do admire your honesty and that determination of yours. I really do." He chuckled while still playing the cello, he then looked up at Nikolai. "But you must look at the other side of the spectrum now. If you chose demons, they would provide you all the freedom you could ever want." Fyodor smiled, he then stopped playing the cello. Putting it down on his lap. "So... What's your second answer, Kolya?"

Nikolai's eyes widened when Fyodor mentioned his freedom being granted. The way that Fyodor didn't question him about his yearning for freedom confused him. He tilted his head slightly. "You didn't find it weird when i said i believe in freedom. Aren't you going to question my ways?" He asked, not feeling used to this. Nobody understood him, he just wanted someone who got what he meant. "It will only surprise you that yes... I understand you completely. You know why? Because I also seek freedom. However, I am more determined than you are. You want freedom? Then choose me and you will be granted it." He chuckled calmly and he looked at Nikolai as well. "So, what's your choice? Demons or Angels? If you choose angels, your freedom is over... If you choose demons, your freedom is just beginning." Nikolai's eyes widened, he looked at Fyodor like he just found his brand new purpose in life. He didn't say anything, he couldn't stop thinking about Fyodor bringing that freedom to him. His mouth opened slightly like he was about to say something. But then it took a second. He slowly started to speak. "What do i have to do.." His voice was quiet, he was in awestruck. He couldn't take his eyes off Fyodor now. Almost like Fyodor was his very own god.