47 𖠇 Cupid's On A Mission

While Oscar and I cuddle in his bed, Harvey sits in a chair by himself at the gym watching the couples sway left and right to a slow song. One of his teammates approaches him and says, "What are you wearing?"

   Harvey asks himself the same question.

   Earlier in the day, Blaire had driven to the Walker's home to deliver Harvey his attire for the Cupid's dance. All along, he thought they had rented him a nice suit with a tie and polished shoes. Instead, the bag had a white blanket sort of clothing that threw him off guard. There was also a golden bow and arrow along with a pair of angel wings inside. It did not take him long to realize what his costume actually was.

   A cupid costume. That is what the girls had prepared to dress him as for the event. It was clear to him that this was some sort of form of humiliation for what he had done to them in the past. They had moved on from using Theo as their marionette, cutting those strings long ago when they began to prefer him as a friend. However, they knew Harvey still deserved punishment, even if it was harmless compared to what they previously had planned. Nonetheless, knowing the pleasure the three girls would receive when everyone stared at him with the outfit, he still decided to wear it. He wanted to give them that satisfaction.

   He had revolted by saying that the attire was against school rules, showing too much skin. Genesis  replied, "Be glad I didn't make you wear a diaper with that thing." "Besides, the only supervisor here is your coach and he's a bit busy with Mrs. Mills." She was right. The coach did not take his eyes away from Mrs. Mills and continued to offer to refill her plastic cup with fruit punch. So he wrapped himself around the white sheets, put on the wings along with the halo, and carried the bow and arrow as he walked into the party. All eyes were on him as soon as he stepped into the school building, undeniably so. He looked like a Greek god.

   And that's how he ended up here. In a chair all by himself with his nipples out and a white rag barely covering his dick. The party seemed fun to be fair, or at least as fun as school parties can be. He can see everyone smiling as they hold hands with their partners, giving each other pecks when the supervisors aren't looking. The supervisors are too busy swooning over themselves to notice the rest.

   Another one of his teammates approaches Harvey. Greg. "I see our school mascot got an upgrade," he says. Harvey laughs with him and fist-bumps him. "What is with the costume?"

   "Genesis, Blaire, and Aurora made me wear it," he tells him. "I guess this is their excuse to see me shirtless."

   Greg hands Harvey his cup and says, "It will make the night more bearable." Harvey does not need to take a sip to know what it is. The strong scent of vodka reaches his nose as soon as his lips touch the plastic cup.

   "Thanks, man," Harvey says, taking another sip.

   A girl with a slicked-back ponytail and purple bow calls out Greg's name, waving at him to come over to the dance floor. "When she calls, I listen," he tells Harvey. "See you later, man." Greg leaves.

   Harvey continues to sip from his cup, holding his breath so he can barely taste the alcohol in the fruit punch. As he does that, he also pulls out his phone.

HARVEY: Heyyyy theo!! U should come over to the party. I may or may not need a dance partner.

   Harvey waits for a response impatiently. But when the reply does not arrive after thirty minutes, he searches through the app store on his phone and finds himself downloading an app he promised himself he would never use again: Neighborly! He creates a new profile account, posting a recent shirtless pic he took a week prior. Sure enough, the picture works as his notifications ring and ring nonstop from people interested in his profile. After a few minutes of letting the app sit, he checks again to see all the responses he has gotten. He texts a blonde-haired girl first, sending her a 'hey cutie' with a wink emoji. She responds, but he continues to check the other accounts that have messaged him.

   His breath gets caught in his throat when he recognizes a torso in one of the profiles that messaged him. The chiseled, hairy chest. Harvey can almost swear it is the same picture from two years ago.

    Mr. Cortez.

   Harvey recalls his musky scent from that night. Even his heavy breaths as Harvey went down on him. Shivers run all across Harvey's arms and in the back of his head. He can also feel the vodka trying to make its way back out, gurgling at the bottoms of his throat. What if he is texting other young boys? What if these boys aren't as lucky as he was to escape?  Harvey feels himself drowning in worry, feeling scared in a way he hasn't felt in a long time.

   He proceeds to do something he never thought he would've dared to. An act that surges from his hatred and disgust for that man. Or maybe it isn't those feelings that make him do that. Instead, it is the alcohol already flowing through his body that does not help him think thoroughly.

   Harvey hits send and images get delivered to Mr. Cortez. Many pictures of Harvey shirtless that he knew could catch his attention. And sure enough, Mr. Cortez replies, sending fire emojis. He asks where Harvey is. Harvey lies, telling him that he is home. Mr. Cortez then asks if Harvey is looking for fun, and Harvey replies: 'Yes.'

   It does not take long for him to ask for Harvey's location. Harvey's fingers tremble as he types the location, telling him to meet at the exact place they met years back. The woods.

   Mr. Cortez agrees.

   Harvey shuts off his phone, no longer hearing the music around him but his rapid heartbeat thrumming in his ears. He grabs the cup filled with vodka and takes a big gulp, finishing it off. He then stands up and heads for the door, rage overpowering the fear he used to feel.

   "Harvey!"

   At the parking lot, Genesis calls out his name, following outside from the dance. The night is chilly as she wraps her arms around herself. "Where are you going, Cupid?"

   Harvey brings a hand over his mouth and takes a deep breath. "I think I am going home. I am not feeling so well."

   Genesis can hear the quivering in his voice and notices his quick breaths, almost as if he could not catch enough air. "Do you need me to drive you?" she offers, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "I am sure Blaire and Aurora can handle the party without me for a few minutes."

   "No, no," Harvey says, shaking his head. "You go take care of your party. I can drive myself home."

   "Are you sure?"

   Harvey nods. "I appreciate it, though." He walks to his car, leaving Genesis behind. He gets inside, throwing the bow and arrow to the backseat as he starts the engine.

   Genesis stands in the parking lot. She watches him speed away until she can no longer see him. Only an empty road.

_________
A\N: LIKE and COMMENT for more! Let me know your thoughts! :)