2 𖠇 Temptation Is A B*tch

"So we saw that Harvey talked to you."

My eyes dart to the three girls leaning over the isolated lunch table located at the very corner of the cafeteria. A place that has been reserved by me since the time I stepped into this prestigious high school and realized that there was no one worth being friends with.

Ok. That's a lie.

The truth is no one wants to befriend the new boy/nerd.

"How do you know—"

"We follow him everywhere," the girl with pastel pink, curly hair that ends above her shoulders snaps, expressionless as she speaks.

"We are no stalkers," the dark-haired one with long hair adds. "We simply admire."

The middle girl with the light—almost white—blonde hair eyes me carefully. "Beauty is a rare thing."

I swallow my tatter tot. "What are you trying to say?"

"What I am trying to—"

"We," the pink-haired girl corrects the middle one.

She rolls her eyes. "What we are trying to say is that you need to tear him apart."

I lean away from them, almost toppling down the seat. "First of all, who are you three?"

"I'm Blaire Thompson," says the girl with the pink hair as she readjusts her cat ears.

The blond hair one goes next. "Genesis Davenport."

Finally, the girl with dark hair. "Aurora Velasquez."

"My name is—"

"Theo Walker," Genesis says.

Wow.

These girls truly love interrupting people.

"We researched everything about you," Aurora lets me know.

"We have the habit of doing that," Blaire says, throwing her hair behind her. "Never gets old."

The three stare at me, deep into my soul.

"We know you have been single all your life," Aurora reminds me, heating my cheeks with her unnecessary comment. "No first kiss yet."

"You are adopted," Genesis continues.

   My eyes widen. "I am?"

   Genesis looks at her friends with her mouth half-open.

   I chuckle. "I already knew."

   They don't laugh at my joke—instead, they go on

   "You moved to Sunset City at the age of thirteen after both of your moms got divorced," proceeds Aurora.

I look down, memories flooding back. "Get to the point," I snap, not wanting them to continue talking.

"We did," Genesis says.

Blaire places both hands on the table. "We want you to rip Harvey Cohen apart until there is nothing left of him for anyone else to idolize."

   Aurora joins her, slamming her hands hard on the wood. "Make his life a swirl of emotions that punch him right on his feels."

   Genesis smiles at her girls like a proud mother. "Harvey has to shed an ocean of tears for you, Theo."

   I chuckle, laying a hand on my mouth. "Why would I want that?"