3 𖠇 Guide To Breaking The Heartbreaker's Heart

They were right.

   As soon as I step out of biology, Harvey comes out of athletics with his blue shorts and a white tank top. The top of his clothes is completely wet which makes me doubt if it is actually sweat or if he poured water on him to cool down after exercising. A few drops hang on the tip of his hair, aching to let go.

"Hey," he greets, holding a half-full water bottle on one hand and his backpack on the other. "Theo."

I nod, squeezing my book to my chest. "Hello, Harvey."

A group of friends passes behind me, whispering to one another at the sight of us.

"Where are you heading?" he asks, never taking his eyes off me as if aware of how compelling they are.

I point down the hallway to my right. "To your favorite class."

He shakes his head. "English, isn't it?"

I nod.

He chuckles. "Speaking of English, the book you picked for me is actually good."

I look at him as we walk side by side to my class, the scent of his sweat and strong cologne evident by how close we are. Does he genuinely like the book or is he just saying that to grab my attention? Also, I wasn't expecting him to start reading it so soon. This guy is truly determined when it comes to his crush.

"Really?" I ask as we take a left turn. "When did you start reading it?"

"As soon as I got home," he responds. "I wasn't expecting the main guy to be gay."

I raise an eyebrow. "Does that bother you?"

He raises both hands, suddenly defensive. "Not at all! I kind of like it."

Yeah. He's definitely giving me clues about his surprising interest in boys. Being entirely honest, I was terrified that Genesis, Blaire, and Aurora's assumption about Harvey would be totally wrong and his attraction to me was just their imagination. Now though, I am starting to believe that they were indeed right. Just like they mentioned, their assumptions are rarely wrong and this proves it.

"Well, I am glad that you are enjoying it, Harvey," I say as we near my class. "That makes me happy."

"Maybe we should hang out one of these days to talk about the book," he suggests.

We stop right in front of the door as the hallways start to clear up. Kind of.

I smile at him. "That would be nice."

He grins, eyes enlightening. "Great! Want to meet tomorrow after my game?"

"At what time does your game end?" I ask, peeking over his shoulder to notice three individuals at the corner of the hallway.

"Seven," he replies. "Is that alright for you?"

"Sounds perfect," I say, smiling wide.

"Nice," he says, ready to turn around. "Well, I got to go before the bell rings and I am counted tardy."

Suddenly, a ring blares through the hallways, announcing that the last period has started.

He closes his eyes. "After school detention it is."

"Luckily I have Mr. Feller," I add with a short chuckle. "Seems like I won't be keeping you company in detention."

"It's fine," he says. "At least you will be keeping me company tomorrow."

"Before he leaves, he will unleash his most deadly technique," Genesis warns me, leaning close to me.

"The Eyelash Technique," Aurora snaps. "He knows that a simple touch on the cheek to remove the supposed eyelash will earn him points for your affection."

Blaire scoffs, crossing her arms. "Such a cliche."

Harvey leans closer to me, squinting his eyes. "I think you got something on your cheek."

"Oh," I say, nudging my cheek with my shoulder.

"No," he says, raising a hand. "May I?"

I remain quiet.

He presses his warm hand on my cheek and caresses my cheek with his thumb. I look down, trying to ignore the chills his touch gives me. Finally, I slowly look up and meet with his hazel eyes as they admire me with care.

"The eyelash is gone," he murmurs, leaving his hand on my cheek.

There is a warmth rising from my neck to my cheeks that I can't avoid.

"Thank you," I whisper back.

He lets go. "Hope to see you soon, Theo."

He starts to walk away.

"Me too," I let him know.

I don't get into the class even after he's out of sight. Instead, I head down the hallway and take a quick turn.

"So?" Genesis asks, already waiting for me on the corner. Behind her, Blaire and Aurora watch me tentatively, waiting for me to speak.

"We are going out tomorrow," I answer, taking a deep breath.

Blaire and Aurora cheer on the back while Genesis smirks at me.

"Buckle up," Genesis says. "Harvey Cohen is going to give you a hell of a ride."

______

A\N: Enjoying the story so far? Like and comment pls!