Chapter 3 - Not a perfect family

Two years passed and I couldn't be happier: I started to see Korn more as my dad rather than a stranger, I bonded strongly with my three brothers and my two cousins and everything went perfectly.
During these two years, by the way, there were some sad events:
Korn's wife died, she was very ill and her last pregnancy didn't help her, so her body simply gave up. I remember being with her a couple days before she passed and she asked me to take care and protect her sons. I promised her that I would have done that and she hugged me tightly, even if she was very weak.
Gun's wife also died, but no one ever knew how and when specifically. I remember having some doubts that she just left him, or worse, he killed her.
There also was another lady coming to see Korn occasionally, but he never told me anything about her, not even her name. Later on I found out her name was Namphueng.
Tankhun was kidnapped and he got traumatized by that event, leaving him with extreme fear of leaving the house and he became mentally ill.

In these two years I also found out something about Vegas, something very worrying.
I was brought to the minor family's house to spend some time with Vegas and Macau. I went inside and I was going to enter the big living room, where we usually play with the hedgehogs, when I heard a whimper coming from Vegas' bedroom. My instinct told me to peek inside, only to find Gun slapping Vegas' face with full force, leaving a big red imprint of his hand on his cheek. I immediately opened the door and ran to hug Vegas tightly.
Gun stepped aside looking at me with anger and clenching his fists "What the fuck are you doing in here?! You shouldn't get in between me and my sons" he barked at me.
I simply ignored him and after insulting me a couple of times he left the room.
I took Vegas' little face in my hands and checked if he needed some ice for his cheek. He had hot tears streaming down his cheeks and his nose was running "Are you ok Vegas? Why did he do this to you?" I asked worried "I.. I broke a vase in the kitchen! It was my fault! I'm a bad son!" He sobbed. I just hugged him and took him in my lap and I let him cry all of his pain out.
When he calmed himself he told me something "He does this often" he said in a low tone.
I kept caressing his head and his back to soothe him a bit more and after a bit I put him on his bed and told him to wait for me there.
I went full force in search of Gun to confront him about what he had done and I found him sitting on the couch with a glass of alcohol in his hand, sipping it.
"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I yelled "With me? I'm educating" he calmly answered.
"Do you realize what you just did?"
"Yes I do. And do you realize you're a 12-year-old that is trying to teach me how to be a parent?"
"You're a piece of shit! He is just five! He doesn't deserve violence!"
"You're right.. he doesn't, he is too young.. but you do"
๛๛๛
And with that he got up and gripped my hair with rage. I tried to free myself but he was so fast and, without me even realizing, he slapped my face so hard that I felt my lower lip tearing apart.
He let my hair go and I fell on the ground "Don't ever try to speak to me like this. And if you say something to Korn.." he hovered over me gripping my throat ".. I will kill Vegas in front of your foreigner eyes and then I will kill you" he whispered into my ear, letting me go shortly after and then he walked away.
I felt my heart race fast and I got goosebumps all over my body. I got scared like never before and I slowly got up.
๛๛๛

I went to the bathroom and washed my wounds: I had a big hand imprint on my left cheek and my bottom lip had a cut in it. After medicating myself I came back to Vegas and when he saw me he didn't seem surprised, but he was certainly sad.
That day we stayed in his room, just the two of us, cuddling and comforting each other.
When I came back home I told Korn that I hurt myself playing outside and I remember not even sleeping.
Since that day I understood that I got very lucky that night not finding Gun in the streets.
I was still allowed to go to the minor family's home and to see Vegas and Macau, but I had to stay silent and to obey Gun.
At the beginning I wanted to consider him as an uncle, but I just considered him as a cold hearted man and I've started to call him just by his name, without even calling him Khun.
This annoyed him, but I couldn't care less.
I only cared about Vegas and Macau, that soon became like my two extra brothers.