Chapter 8 - Sisters

She froze in her spot, looking at me with wide eyes then she whispered to herself "So we're five.. not four". I heard her but I didn't ask any question about her statement.
"You're Italian?" she asked me, still as shocked as me. I nodded in response.
"Your parents are Maria and Angelo Basicò?" she kept asking, with worry in her eyes.
"They were.." I simply said
"Were? Are they dead?" Ashe asked, with a bit of hope in her voice
"Yes.. my new family killed them six years ago" I said with a little smile, to calm her down
"Thank God! Did they hurt you? Did they do something to you in these years?" she seemed so worried for me and she felt almost like a mother figure to me, in that moment
"No.. they just threatened me and sometimes hit me.." I said calmly, not bothered about what they did to me.
"Good.. how old are you?"
"I'm sixteen now.. and you?"
"I'm twenty one.. Gosh you're young" she said, covering her mouth
"How long have you been here?" I asked her, wondering if I was expecting her same fate
"Since I was about your age.. But I started this job when I was twelve, like dad wanted.." she laughed a bit, it was a nervous and frustrated laugh.
"How did you end up here?" she asked curious, since our parents died and I had no reasons to be there.
"Sunan.. he fooled me" I said, almost crying, remembering the horrible things he did i to me
"Sunan?! I'm so sorry for you., he is the worst in here.." she revealed, giving me more reasons to be scared of him. Then there was a little pause, her scanning my bruised face.
"Your.. actual family.. who are they? They treat you right?" she asked, hesitating a bit
"They're a mafia family too.. but they're so gentle and kind with me, I love them and they love me.." I said smiling, remembering my family, which I missed a lot in these weeks.
"They're Thai?"
"Yes, I have a father, three brothers, an uncle and two cousins" I smiled again
"Wow! It's a big one" she laughed
"Well.. you also have a biological sister now.. well not one, you have four sisters" she stated, smiling at me.
I thought about that for a bit: I had four sisters, one was in front of me and the other three I didn't even know their face, their voice. I didn't have any memories about any of them, like they never existed. She later on explained to me that our parents kept us separated all the time, to avoid us grouping against them. She also explained that we could be more than five, because she thought we were four, before meeting me.
She described our other sisters to me: they all have red hair, like our mother, some have green eyes, some brown, one of them is very short compared to us.
She said that I'm the only one who got dad's black hair, and that that was weird.
We talked all day about our lives, some girls joined too and we chatted happily together. It didn't even felt like we were in a horrible situation, I almost forgot where I was. I realized that with them I could have a moment of peace, calm and quiet. They were so welcoming, they offered to help me clean my wounds and also told me some "work tricks", to feel less pain and less dirty.
They also offered me my first cigarette, the first of many: I remember taking one between my fingers, observing it, with the girls telling me that it would help me deal with stress. I took it to my mouth and kept it between my lips, Amelia took a lighter and lighted my cigarette, making it burn and the smoke invaded my mouth and lungs. I coughed right after, feeling a bad taste and my lungs burning, but it wasn't a bad feeling, it was almost warming and comforting. I kept smoking during our conversation, and I kept smoking until now.
At 10 pm, out time had finished, we waved at each other and everyone went to their room. Amelia grabbed me gently by my arm "Ada, if you need anything, please come to me, my room number is 224" she said with a smile, hugging me afterwards. Her embrace felt so loving and soothing, almost like Korn's.

I then entered my room and plopped onto my bed. I spent the night thinking about something that I started to suspect: a month had passed since Sunan brought me there and I remember saying to Korn that me and Sunan would've been on vacation for two weeks. I found it strange that he didn't send anyone to check on me, but I thought that was due to our fight, that I still regret today with all my heart. I couldn't blame him though.
I kept wondering and I didn't sleep at all.

Months passed, five and a half if I remember correctly, and my situation just worsened day by day: I talked with the girls almost every night and I'm glad I did, or I would've ended myself in no time. Sometimes I even smoked outside with Amelia, to take a breath of fresh air. I thought of escaping many times, but got taken down by the girls saying that some tried to escape once, but got immediately killed.
Sunan became more aggressive with me and he abused me everyday. He would fuck me, then cuddle me, saying that he loves me and that he actually care for me.
"You're my little slut aren't you?" he said almost everyday, while abusing me and enjoying seeing me in tears, screaming and pleading.
"I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to hurt you.." he would say right after reaching his climax, cuddling and kissing me.
"Ada I know this job is horrible, but you need to do it for us. Look, as soon as we have enough  money we will run away from here and find a house just for the two of us!" he would say, smiling, after some random client paid him to use me for an hour or so.
He became more subtle, evil and fake every single day. And I didn't like that.
I used to fall for his little mind games, but in the last two weeks something in my head started to grow and I started to yell back at him, to hit him, to insult him.
He obviously didn't like my behavior and started hitting me harder, making me bleed heavily. I think he even broke one of my ribs one day, while kicking me in the back.
Because of Sunan's behavior I learned to pretend: I became the best one among all of the girls to fake emotions and pleasure. I remember my clients being surprised that I "liked" what they did to me, that I smiled at them. Some of them were pleasantly surprised, while others just beat me until I started to cry and beg again. Some humiliated me, making me crawl to them, pretending I was an animal, or worse, some of them wanted me to stay perfectly still, as if I was dead.
I learned that those types of men like to be in control, they like the woman to submit, to suffer. They can't even be described as "men" to me, they're just monsters.
And Sunan was the worst of them all.

I often had nightmares: some were about my family, them screaming at me, shaming me, rejecting me and saying that they were happy that I suffered.
Others were about Sunan or random people raping me and abusing every part of me.
Every month, when the day I was kidnapped occurred, I had the same nightmare: Sunan throwing me in that damp room, beating me, torturing my soul. Then at the end of the nightmare I found myself in the room where Autthaporn took my purity, feeling the same exact pain I felt that day.

I became more and more numb to the world around me: I stopped smiling, my eyes were tired and empty, I couldn't even cry anymore, my face was expressionless, my body was weak and full of bruises. In the first three months of being there I often hoped that Korn could come to rescue me any moment, but days passed, and no one came to me.
I lost hope completely, the only things that kept me alive were Amelia, the other girls and the thought of my family.

After some time, it could've been days or weeks, I can't remember, Sunan raped me so violently, so roughly and so abruptly that I couldn't even feel my body. I couldn't breathe correctly and he just beat me and kept thrusting into my hole for infinite minutes. All of this because I dared to yell at him in the morning that I could've escaped his sick place.
When he finished, he didn't leave me in my room like usual, but instead he brought me to the common room, carrying me in his arms. As soon as he entered the room, all the girls backed away from him, clearly scared. He threw me on the floor, like I was a used object "This is what will happen to you if you just think to escape. No one leaves this place." he said, leaving right after.
I just layed on the cold floor, staring at the ceiling, feeling the blood escaping my wounds, but I wasn't in pain.
Something snapped inside of me and I thought "Today I will escape this place" getting up and approaching the closed door.