Chapter 13 - Love

Days, weeks and even months passed. Me and Tasanee were more and more in love with each other, my family was so happy to see me smile again and everything seemed to go smoothly.
As my two younger brothers grew up, they started to understand that we were not a “normal” family and what we were involved in. Vegas and Macau were a little bit more aware due to their father being very descriptive with them about the missions, and having guns all over the house.
They started to come and see me train and shoot at targets, their little faces amazed by my aim, saying that they hoped to become like me when they grew up.
I remember training very hard, in order to defend myself better and also Tasanee: I was so afraid that something would happen to her that I started to bring a small gun with me when we went out together.

Apart from my worries, I wanted my family to meet Tasanee, but I couldn’t invite her to our house. She couldn’t know that we were a mafia family, she needed to remain clueless for as long as possible.
So one day we simply arranged dinner together at a restaurant, without bodyguards.
It was going to be me, Tasanee, Korn, Tankhun, Kinn, Kim, Vegas and Macau. I didn’t want her to meet Gun, he would've just been a very unpleasant presence.
I was nervous. I got myself prepared, wearing a pair of black cargo pants and a dark hoodie, brushing my hair over and over, trying to ease my anxiety
“It's going to be fine, I'm sure they will like her” Korn told me, caressing my shoulder and smiling at me through the mirror
“But what if-” I was trying to say, but I was cut off
“No ‘Ifs’. I said I'm sure, no need to be scared baby” he smiled again, hugging me briefly before exiting the bathroom.
After a couple of minutes we hoped into the car and drove to the restaurant
“What's her name again?” Vegas asked
“Tasanee! Don’t you remember, silly?” Kinn responded, laughing a bit, receiving a light slap on his arm by Vegas afterwards
“Calm down you too!” I laughed, scolding them a bit
“I want to meet her so bad!” Kim said, whining
“Me too! I'm curious!” Macau added
“I'm curious too, I'm going to ask her a lot of questions” Tankhun said with a grin on his face, showing his wary side.
Hearing them bickering and talking relaxed me a bit and made me smile too.
After maybe half an hour, we arrived at the restaurant: it was a simple and small one, serving traditional Thai food.
As soon as I got out of the car I saw Tasanee, smiling, her long hair tied into a bun, wearing a cute dark dress, not too short nor too long.
I felt Korn surpassing me and I saw him approaching her. He greeted her with a bow and a warm smile
“Hello Tassanee, I'm Korn, Ada's father. I'm very pleased to finally meet you” he admitted, still smiling, seeming sincerely happy to see her
“Hi Khun Korn, nice to meet you too!” she responded, smiling and bowing too, relieved that he was positive and happy towards her.
Soon after, all of my brothers and cousins approached her, running towards her and bombarding her with questions, which she tried to respond to, laughing.
I laughed too at that sight, feeling more and more relieved.
We entered the restaurant and we sat on our table, me next to Tadanee, Korn in front of us with Tankhun watching carefully and my other brothers and cousins surrounding me and my girlfriend.
The dinner went on smoothly, we were laughing all together, talking happily, even Tankhun was smiling and relaxing the more he talked to Tasanee.
It felt like we were a big family just having fun. All my worries faded away, and I felt genuinely happy after a long time.

We then came back home: it was pretty late, so we took Tasanee home first, and then we got to our house.
As soon as we got inside, Korn spoke “I like her very much.. now I understand why you fell in love with her” he smiled. I simply blushed and smiled back, blabbering a faint “Yeah”, embarrassed, but happy.
That night I slept on the floor covered with thick blankets and pillows, surrounded by my brothers and cousins. All of them talked about Tasanee, about how beautiful and kind she was. Some of them understood our relationship, some didn’t due to their age and their lack of knowledge about those types of feelings. But I was happy regardless.
From that day, she became part of our big and unusual family.