Chapter 16 - Cold

"Speak up! Come on! It's not that difficult, Tell me what Korn is planning or I will shoot her fucking head!" the man spat out, angry at my still low collaboration
"I don't know! How many fucking times do I have to tell you?! I DON'T FUCKING KNOW!" I was crying, looking at Tasanee's desperate face, pleading me to help her.
I was trying to take time, waiting for Korn and the bodyguards, but as minutes passed, I had less and less hope.
"ADA! SAY IT TO THEM PLEASE!" she cried and begged, her voice hoarse and tired
"I really don't know anything Tasanee! I'm so sorry" I cried too, wanting to hold her, or at least touch her
"So I'll just die like this?!" she said, eyes closing and tears still falling on her face, her tone was angry, scared, but her body seemed to be giving up to her destiny, not reacting at all to her restraints
"NO! You won't die! My dad will come here! I promise!" I tried to comfort her, without success
"And why the fuck didn't you tell me you were in the mafia?!" she angrily said, disappointed teary eyes looking into mine
"I.. I'm so sorry about that, I really am! But I couldn't tell you!" I tried to explain, but she almost immediately calmed down. Her emotions were a rollercoaster, and so were mine.
"WHY? WHY COULDN'T YOU TELL ME?!" she yelled at me. I never saw Tasanee yell at me like that before, and that situation wasn't the best to argue
"To.. protect you.." I hesitantly said, a thick tear rolling down my cheek. My words were so ironic based on our situation, but they were true.
She just shakily sighed, starting to sob again
"You know what.. It doesn't matter Ada, I-" she was cut off by the man, slapping her face, his hand becoming wet due to the numerous tears on Tasanee's face.
"STOP THIS FUCKING DRAMA! LAST WARNING! SPEAK UP WHORE!" he warned me, pressing the gun closer to her skin, making Tasanee yelp at the sudden pressure
"NO STOP IT! PLEASE!" I begged, but it was all useless.
'Ada.. I'm so scared.." she was sobbing hard, her voice faint and tired
"YOU WON'T DIE! I promise!" I was trying my hardest to get free, keep Tasanee as calm as I could, to get my hope back. But everything felt useless.
"I'm sick of this." the man said through gritted teeth
"Ada! No! I love you! I don't want to leave you!" Tasanee frantically said, looking straight into my eyes, chest heaving up and down, breath irregular, interrupted by her cries
"Ada, hold me please!" she begged me, her words barely clear to my ears.
Oh how much I wanted to make her wish come true.
I couldn't even respond to her that I saw the kidnapper's index finger pressing lightly against the trigger
"NO! TASANEE! WAIT-" I tried to yell, but what happened took my speech and breath away.

The man pulled the trigger, shooting right into Tasanee's skull.
❥❥❥๛๛๛☣︎☣︎☣︎☠︎☠︎☠︎
I saw every single second of it and I remember it like it happened a moment ago: the bullet crushing her skull, blood spraying into the air, hitting the side of her face and also mine, the warm blood droplets landing on my face and mouth, the rest of the blood and brain tissue exiting the other side of her head, landing onto the cold concrete, mixing with the blood I lost a few moments prior. Her body jerked at the impact, but remained on the chair, crooked, her head fell on her shoulder, laying heavily, red liquid and brain matter still oozing out and falling on her clothes.
I was shocked, mouth agape, eyes wide open, breath heavy and irregular. After a couple of seconds, realization hit me, and I screamed: I never screamed so loudly and viscerally in my life. I kept screaming and screaming, calling her name, my eyes blurry from the tears, nose runny, mucus dripping on my mouth, mixing with blood.
I couldn't do anything else, I just sat there, staring at her, screaming and crying my eyes out.
All sounds became distant, my voice was soon gone and my screams became muffled and broken. I felt physical pain in my chest, like a piece of me had been torn apart. My stomach tightened and my head was dizzy. All the pain I felt from my wounds soon disappeared and got replaced by the pain of that vision.
They untied her body and tossed her on the ground, by my side, in order for me to see her, but do nothing about it.
I wanted to hold her, feel her, in order to wake up and realize it was all a dream and she was fine, sleeping beside me on her bed. But she wasn't fine. She had just been killed in front of my eyes.
❥❥❥๛๛๛☣︎☣︎☣︎☠︎☠︎☠︎

I don't know how much time passed after that, I don't even know if they did something to me or if they said something. I just remember looking at Tasanee's empty eyes, calling her name weakly, my body completely giving up to whatever my surroundings had to offer.

After apparently more than an hour, I saw a door slamming open, revealing Korn and his bodyguards, who began shooting at the men, killing them instantly, apart from my kidnapper, who escaped through a door and was being chased by one of the bodyguards.
As soon as Korn saw me he gasped loudly, eyes wide open and full of shock. I looked at him and started sobbing, but no tears left my eyes.
"Ada! Oh my god! What did they do to you..?" he ran towards me and kneeled on the floor, taking his jacket off and tying it around my wounded and bleeding leg. He then took my face into his warm hands and looked at me with concern, a solitary tear escaping his left eye
"Tasanee.." I could only say her name between sobs "Please.." I said, looking at the girl's body on the ground.
He looked at her and immediately understood what I meant. He quickly untied me and as soon as I felt myself free I purposely fell onto the ground, dragging myself towards Tasanee, using all the strength I had left.
I dragged my body next to Tasanee's, using my elbows, given the fact that my legs were damaged and unwilling to move. As I approached her side, I immediately hugged her tightly, arms clutching onto her like my life depended on it, hands tightening around the damp fabric of her clothes, face burying into the crook of her neck and her chest. Her heartbeat was absent, replaced by absolute silence and cold skin against my cheeks.
I was bawling my eyes out, sobbing loudly, thick tears falling uncontrollably on my face, mucus and saliva attaching to Tasanee's clothes and skin.
I was trying to see her face through my tears and her blood covering her face, so I moved her hair away, my hand trembling and barely succeeding to do so. As I moved her hair away, my fingers touched the hole on her skull: wet, cold and sticky blood was coagulating around the hole, the rough edges were sharp and made my skin crawl and my heart ache even more.
Her face was relaxed, blood droplets covering it like they were freckles, eyes open, staring into nothingness.
When I saw her face I cried even harder, realizing she was lifeless. I caressed her cheek, placing my forehead on hers. Her skin was cold, it wasn't soft like before, and her muscles were weak and didn't react to my touch.
My hand occasionally grabbed the necklace she always wore, the one I gifted her, the one shaped like rain, now stained with blood and sweat.
I don't know why I did it, but I kissed her, placing my trembling and torn lips on her chapped, cold and bitter ones. They were slightly open, no breath coming out of them.
I can feel her cold face and her even colder lips against my skin if I think about it, and it's terrifying.
Everything about her turned cold, my last memories of her are some of the worst I have.

I kept crying and sobbing, occasionally blurting out some useless apologies I don't even remember.
I felt like it was all my fault, and I still do: she would've been alive if she didn't meet me, if she hadn't liked me, if she didn't come with me that night, if I were more careful that night.
Countless reasons echoing through my shocked and wounded mind, blaming myself over and over again, wishing I died instead of her.
I embraced her dead body for minutes, not daring to let go, until I began feeling weaker and weaker, my body slowly giving up after all the torture I received.
My legs completely gave up, my arms tried to stay tight around Tasanee's torso, my head felt heavy and light, eyes puffy and tired.

After some time, my body started completely giving up, my eyes closed, and my mind was wandering far away.
The last thing I remember before passing out is Korn's voice, speaking to one of his bodyguards
"Oh my god.. what have they done..?" he said, concerned and kneeling next to me, probably caressing my back
"Make sure to find that asshole and give him what he deserves" he added, clearly upset
"Yes Khun Korn" the bodyguard said, walking away afterwards
"My baby.. I'm so sorry.. I should've hurried up.. I should've come here earlier.. please forgive me" he was talking in a very low tone, almost whispering, voice shaky, his hand caressing my beaten face and my bruised and weak body.

Then everything went black.