Chapter 1

Author's Note

Hye everyone, this is my first book. Thank you for giving it a chance. Please feel free to comment and vote. Every idea, suggestion is appreciated and welcomed.

"Mother!" the unknown girl screamed. There was blood everywhere. The stone pavement was covered with dead bodies . The shops and houses were burnt to ashes. Once small and happy village was now on fire and painted with red blood of its citizens.The unknown girl was sitting near a dead body of an older woman. Her pretty face was stained with her tears, her clothes were torn and soaked with blood. Her small hands removing the locks of hair that fell on the lifeless face of the woman, cradling her head in her small lap."It is all my fault" she said  in a voice not mere than a whisper.

"Katherine are you listening?" Sofia nearly screamed, attracting my attention towards her. "Yes, Yes, I am" I stuttered, still thinking about last night's nightmare. It was not the first time I had these nightmares. When and How these nightmares come? Its still unknown. But each time its the same town, same fire, same woman, same girl and the same sorrowful voice at the end. "What are you thinking Kate?" Sofia asked, now more concerned.

"It's nothing" I assured her "It's about the dream. Right? " Sofia was the only person who knew about my nightmare. I just nodded. "Kate, I think you should consult a doctor. Nowadays these nightmares are coming almost every night".

"Sofia, it's fine, now let's focus on serving coffee okay?" I didn't want anybody to worry unnecessarily for me. These are just some nightmare, just a bad dream which will go away..... Eventually.... I hope.

"Okay, Can you serve this coffee on table number 2 ?" Sofia asked me, thankfully putting an end to the talk about my nightmare. I took the coffee and went to serve it to the table near the window.

Today the café was full, there were different people everywhere, some people were in formals, maybe going for office after drinking their coffee, there were kids, laughing and running around the café and their moms were talking and laughing in every 5 minutes. It was my part time job. Although I was studying in University of Ottawa and had enough money for fees and other day to day expenses but still, I worked because I liked to.

"Sir your coffee" I gave him the coffee, carefully putting the cups on table. I was going to Sofia when my phone vibrated in my pocket. The number was unknown but I knew who it could be.

"Hello, Katherine speaking" I told my caller. "Ma'am can you come?" a low voice asked me. It was clear that his voice was lacking confidence. "Nope, I am not coming" I denied him as politely as possible. "What is she saying?" A stern voice asked, by the sound of it, he surely was angry right now. "She is denying sir" the person told him. "Give me the phone" maybe I made him angrier by denying.

Now the low and no- confidence voice was replaced by another voice, impatient and angrier. "Katherine can you come please" he asked politely but I knew he was annoyed. "Scott I am not coming." I told him clearly. Scott was someone who was not accustomed to a no for an answer.

"You don't want to come Katherine?"

"No, I am not coming"

"Are you sure?"

"You know I don't like to repeat, I am not coming. Understood?" this time I was a little bit more annoyed.

"Even not if I say that there is something new which might hold your interest"

"What is it Scott?"

"Are you coming?"

"Okay"

"I am sending car at your café"

"No, not here, pick me up from that park"

"Okay"

I put my phone back in my pocket where it belonged. "Sofia I have to go, can you please handle the cafe?" I asked her in a pleading tone and putting the most pleading face I could muster and I knew for sure she couldn't deny. "Bye Kate. I will handle the cafe." She answered a little bit annoyed because today was one of the busiest day.

Is everyone getting annoyed today??

"I will make it up to you soon." I told her to make her happy. " You better do Katherine" she told me and went to serve coffee.

Scott this must be interesting or I am going to kill you with a gun or knife or... With a number of weapons list going on in my mind I exited the café and headed to the park...