Chapter 9

"Hello?" My idea was to sound,like I was not affected by the notes but I knew I was failing miserably. "Did you see the message?" a hoarse voice croaked from other side of call. "Yes, I did. Tell me what do you want?" 

"I need to know about it."

"About what?" I questioned again.

"Please send me a picture of it. Please. First of all you didn't tell me about it and now you can least do is send me a pic."

"A pic? Who are you?" Now, I was getting confused.

"Wow. Just wow. One day I am absent from university and my best friend forgets about me."

"Daisy? What happened to your voice?"

"At least you remember my name. I am so happy right now." Sarcasm was dripping from her voice, but she continued, "It's just because I have bad throat today. But don't worry I am coming tomorrow."

"Good, I was missing you."

"Yeah, I know. Forgetting my name is really a good sign to show how much you are missing me."

"Bye. Daisy. Meet you tomorrow. There is a lot going on here, I will tell you about it when I meet you"

I said before I hung up. The whole day passed without any special events. Jonathan sitting alone, Taylor, acting weird and mysterious, Jake as usual, carefree and hanging out with other students and I was just thinking about the messages. No one called police because everyone thought it as any stupid prank but I was thinking otherwise.

It was time to go home when I saw Jonathan waiting outside. "Waiting for someone?" I asked. "He turned and simply replied " Yeah, Jake. But he is nowhere to be seen." I too looked around but there was no sign of him. "Let's go. I will drop you home." He seemed confused but after some thinking agreed. "By the way nice locket." his locket was really nice. I liked it. It was a silver J. Simple yet classy. "My mom gifted it to me. She was taking her last breaths when she gave it to me. It reminds me of my mom." he said with a sad smile. "I am sorry." I replied instantly.

"Nothing to be sorry about. It was long ago. I was very close to my mother but Jake was to Dad. But she is still alive in my memories and heart. Anyways, she would have loved you. You know, she was just like you."

I just smiled. No one said anything else for the rest of the ride.

Next Day

Daisy was back again. We both entered the lunch hall when she saw the three boys sitting on our table. All of them looked uncomfortable sitting with each other but they were still sitting together. "So they are going to sit with us ?" I nodded. In the morning I had told her about everything, of course the fake story. That there were 3 new students and didn't want to sit in a crowded table so they requested me and being the kind soul I am, I agreed. That's all I told her.

"Wait a second. I have seen him earlier." Daisy whispered in my ear while secretly pointing towards Taylor. "Daisy he studies in our university, of course you would have seen him." I told her.

"No, I have seen him near your locker in the morning. He was acting really weird. And one more thing, when I crossed your locker after 45 minutes I got his locket. Believe me there was something weird about him. Its like a sixth sense telling me something is fishy. " she was serious. " Come with me." I took her with me in the hallway. "Show me the locket." I asked her for the locket.

She took out a silver locket out her pocket.

It was same as his. Same silver locker, same silver J, same locket that Jonathan's mother gifted him.

Jonathan? Is he involved in this in any way?

♥♥♥