Chapter 13

"You know about this ring?" I asked her again making sure I heard her answer right. "Yeah, I know. My mom has this ring." she answered coolly. "Your mom?" I was confused. "She has a collection of ring. And believe me it is the definition of huge. This ring is in her collection." she answered. "Can we visit her today?" I really wanted to get the ring. It was the only way I could reach the real culprits. "She doesn't live here Kate. It will take us 1 day to reach her. It is next to impossible." she said, shaking her head.

"It doesn't matter. If we start today I am sure we can come day after tomorrow." I said calculating the minimum time that would be needed. "Kate, I don't know why it is so important to you and why do you need it so badly but I can't take leave all of a sudden unlike some careless people.". She said obviously the whole taunt was for me. I didn't come to cafe for so many days but how could I admist of all message-ring drama. Ignoring her anger and sarcasm right now, I pleaded again." I know Sofia and am really sorry about that but its really really important." I am not good with all puppy face thing but at least I tried. Before she could say anything I added "I will talk to Ben and I will make sure he doesn't cut your pay or hold any grudges." We both knew that it would be impossible because Ben was the worst manager slash boss anyone could ever imagine. "Fine. We will go tonight after I complete my shift and by car. Before you complain it is only way we can reach her." even though she never agrees at first but at last always end up helping everyone. "And I will talk to Ben." saved me again because if I talked to Ben I am sure my patience will end after 5 minutes of meeting and then we both end up yelling. I always try to avoid him and he does the same. And he never fires me because I am an awesome worker, although only some people believe this and believe there are only 3 to 4 people with this thinking. And maybe because if he fires me, Sofia and some more people will resign. The later one is the main reason and I know this because of experience. Once he tried to fire me and in 20 minutes their resignations were on his table. I am someone everyone loves, I guess.
"Hello, Kate please return to earth." she waved her hand and took me out from my trance.

"Thank you so much. I will meet you tonight 8 am sharp right here." I hugged her tightly "You still have to make up for that day. I am keeping a diary for all my remaining gifts." She loved gifts and surprises. "Sure. I should get going. See ya" I was about to go when I felt someone watching us. I was not so sure about it but it was kind of weird feeling. I turned around but  was unable to see anyone near us. Whatever it may be, real or imagination, I have to be careful. With this, I went straight to home.

It was time to meet Daisy. She was in hospital with all officers, under custody. I didn't know if she knew about it. Daisy didn't have a good relation with her parents. They lived in another country, I don't know where because she never talked about them. They were part of rich society, her father was always away on business tours and her mother was busy with socializing with other people of her kind. I always felt bad for her but right now I was thankful to them because I didn't want to answer any concerned parents right now about why their sweet, loving, caring, innocent, a part of their heart daughter was under arrest. Not a good situation.

"I am here to meet Daisy Atkinson." I requested the receptionist who immediately told me her room number. Maybe I didn't have to answer any parents but I did have to answer Daisy.

I entered the white room where on the bed she was lying. Her eyes were closed but she still looked scared. The beeping of machines filled my ears, I could smell the awful smell of medicines. I walked near her and whispered her name, hoping she was awake. Her eyes opened slowly "Hey" her smile told me she was happy to see me but her eyes and voice were telling me just another story.

People say eyes are windows to the heart or soul and right now I understood what the saying meant. She was tired and scared. "Hey." we both were silent, maybe we didn't know what to say. Suddenly she asked "Why am I under arrest?" her eyes were looking for answers. Scott told her. I couldn't answer. How could I ? when I didn't know the answer myself. She started crying. She was too innocent to experience all this. I hugged her tightly because sometimes gestures are more comforting than words. Words can't explain the feeling but gestures can even if you don't want them to. My shirt was getting wet because of her tears. I couldn't watch her crying. She didn't do anything wrong to suffer. "What will they think?" she said between her sobs. I knew whom she meant. Her parents. Even though they were not ideal parents but she was the best daughter in the world and they were too careless and busy in their fake lives to see this. "They will not think anything. They won't know a thing about this. I will make sure about this. Daisy don't cry. You are the same girl who fought with all those popular squad on her first day just for some weak kids. You are the same girl who strived her fears all alone in her childhood without her parents. You are the same girl who don't need anybody to give her strength, to give her assurance, to give her comfort. You are the same girl. You are the same Daisy." a few traitor tears escaped my eyes during my little speech.

"I am not sure about that anymore." her voice was breaking every now and then. "But I am." and this was the truth."The way he asked me all those questions I thought I am a criminal." she said again. "Someone asked you questions?" I couldn't believe my ears. She just recovered and she was being treated like a criminal. "I don't want to recall it." she was very tired from all crying. "Daisy take rest and let me deal with all this. Just 6 days more and I promise you will be out of this." I promised her but more to myself.

She again laid on her bed and instantly went into deep slumber. I needed to talk to Scott. He had a long explaining to do. I came out of the room making no sound so that she was not disturbed. "Where is Scott?" I asked the two guards standing near the door. "Well, I am here." Scott appeared with a cup of coffee in his hand. "Why did you interrogate her?" I couldn't stop my anger. It was increasing with every passing second. "She is criminal, even if you don't want to believe it and it is our duty to question her. I think you forgot about it." Scott dragged me to an empty room while saying all this. "Well how are you so sure about all this?  Maybe Jake is lying. " I countered him. "He isn't. He is your team. Did you forget?" "Not anymore Scott. Not anymore. If you are so sure that Jake is telling the truth then in the same way I believe Daisy. And I quit." with this said I stormed out of the room. I can give up anything for my friends. And this time I couldn't care less about this job. I didn't need it.

It was evening when I came out of the hospital. It was time to visit Sofia's mother. It was time to get my answers. It was time to get the ring. It was time.

Author Note

Hey everyone thanks for reading my book. It means a lot to me. And thank you too for voting and all lovely comments. I have a great news, The Tracker reached #8 today (17/07/2016) in What's Hot in Adventure. I am so happy right now. This is the longest chapter of this book till now, hope you liked it because I got a little carried away with Kate meeting Daisy scene. I was on the verge of tears literally.

Anyways feel free to voice your thoughts in comments and please

READ.VOTE.COMMENT.

♥♥♥

P.S. Now the secrets are going to revealed..... so stay tuned..... ;)