Chapter 18

A/N

It has been so long I didn't update. I was so busy for last few days but now I am finally updating.... Enjoy.

All I felt was numbness and all I could see was darkness, but of them were fading with passing seconds. I could feel the rough ropes slowly biting on my skin. I could feel the presence of other people too and other some moments of blindness passed, my eyes finally opened taking in the scene that lied before me.

Aaron was on my left and Jonathan was on my right, both of them were no different from me. Tied tightly on their respective chairs with grey tapes on their mouths to stop any possible scream that could escape it. Completing our small circle, there was Jack, a little different from us. With no tape on his mouth but hands were behind his back. We all came into our senses but couldn't do anything. A sense of helplessness was hanging in the atmosphere. Helplessness to just here and wait for Mr.X and let him decide his fate.

Three pairs of eyes were staring shamelessly at Jake and waiting for him to use his privilege of speaking which unfortunately we were stripped off. He looked towards each of us, staring for a complete second and then he did something completely unexpected.

He started laughing. A real laugh but this real laugh had evilness dripping from its sound. He wanted to laugh, I am okay with it but not at my expense and especially not when we are tied up. Maybe, our eyes were enough to express our confusion. That is why, his laughter subsided and then his explanation started.

"I promised to keep quiet and go with the flow but this is too funny. I can't stop myself. You all tied up at my mercy. I am pure evil. Aren't I ?" he stood up and started walking in front of us. Stopping in front of me he bend down a little, to come right in front of my face and again continued, "You were supposed to be so smart, so intelligent and so fast and not to forget, so full of action. But here you are, as my captive." after he completed, he took off my tape, and that was the worst pain I had ever felt. "So old tricks and you, as a dumb girl, fell for all of them." this made me glare towards Aaron. It was his bickering which made it impossible for to hear anyone coming. "I promised him that I would keep all of your mouths shut but if I have already broken one promise then why not another one too?" saying this, he did the same thing with Aaron and Jonathan's tape. "You all are free to ask questions and talk. It will be a while, we will be in here." he turned his chair and sat comfortably on his chair, unlike us.

"Jonathan, why are you here?" I asked him. "I was following. You know for your protection but when this Taylor revealed he was Aaron and then tried to become an Avenger, I couldn't hear anybody coming near me and 'thud'  that's all I heard before I opened my eyes to be here." Jonathan and I, both of us were glaring towards Aaron who seemed unaffected.

"My brother could have saved anyone? Unbelievable. Do you even know how to speak?" this was Jake who voiced his sarcastic thoughts. I think he also doesn't know about his brother's real identity.  "Kate, keep the rings ready to give away. He will be coming soon." Jake continued, this time directed to me. " I have no rings." Lie. But Necessary.

"No need to lie. But let me tell you a story. A story about you, me and those rings. There are two rings, one is ring of Death and another is Ring of Life. And I know, you have one of those. There was a devil..." Jake was telling me the old story, the same on his brother told me. "Can we skip a little. Not about me and the rings but about you. Why are you doing this?" I wasn't in a mood to hear the whole story again. "You know about rings? I don't know its god or bad." he said to himself but continued nevertheless "My Dad was the agent appointed by the Son or the son of the devil. He wanted to find the protector of rings but was never successful. Well, time passed on and finally he chose me as his heir. As I was closer to" " your Dad and Jonathan was closer to your Mom. I know." I completed his sentence. I was very well aware of their family mystery minus the part of Jake being an agent for the Son. That shocked me but not too much maybe because he was already on my suspect list.

"You are the agent of the Son?" Jonathan asked in surprise, before I could do it. "How do you know about Master?" Jake asked in the same tone as Jonathan. "Time to reveal family secrets." I murmured. Aaron was all confused, but nobody paid any heed to him. Both brothers busy staring at each other. "So, Jake is agent of the Son and Jonathan is the Protector." I concluded and made it easier for both of them to process the information. Both brother, both swore enemies. "Well, its good, I guess. I have already captured you. At first I thought of letting you go at the end but now you too have to die my lovely brother. Three of you enjoy your stay here. I will return in a while." he said and retreated from the black door without any handle. They wanted to make sure we never escaped.

"My brother is my enemy. Agent of the Son." he was still in shock, just like his brother. I was sure, Jake left us to process this awful information. Enemy or not, they were brother and loved each other.  We both, me and Aaron, remained silent, giving Jonathan his required time and silence to register whatever happened.