Chapter 20

Fighting.

Without Guns.

That never bothered me. With normal people or criminals it used to be the easiest part of my job. But this was totally different. For one, I was fighting for last 20 minutes or more and I didn't win and second, the one I was fighting was not a normal person either.

I took a moment to look around me, to look what our companions were doing. Aaron was standing like a wax doll watching us fight and both brothers were having a staring match. It was clear they both didn't want to hurt each other because of their brotherly love but neither could ignore their duty. When evilness won and love lost, Jake threw his first punch towards Jonathan. Surprised at first, Jonathan also decided to do his duty and fulfil his responsibility of protector. They both were fighting, just like us.

The Son seemed to be unfazed by my moves. Of course, he knew my every move, he himself taught me all those. A new plan formed in my mind. A plan to not follow any plan. I gave up all professional moves. And hit whatever came in contact with my fist and leg. I punched him in his guts, kicked his right knee making him fall and then  with full force punched right on his face. If he was a human his neck would surely broke with this force but unfortunately he was not. The force just drew some blood from his mouth. His blood was black in colour, the evilness was in his blood. It harmed me more. There is going to be a huge bruise next day, I am sure.

This seemed to aggravate him, and then he started throwing his punches. Thank God, he wasn't using his powers, even if he had any. I only had tracking abilities nothing else. Ugh.

He harmed me more than I harmed him. Jake and Jonathan were fighting just beside us, and that's when I decided to play dirty. Well, everything is fair in war. I grabbed Jake and took out my pocket knife, placing it near his throat. He was my friend but now just an assistant of the enemy we were fighting with.

"Scott, I am going to kill Jake until you let Jonathan and Aaron leave and.." before I could continue, he said, "I will save you some words. Go on and kill him. His job was to find him, which he did and now he is useless." What could I have expected. He was son of evil. I was going to kill Jake until I saw uncertainty in eyes of Jonathan, even if his brother was another incarnation of evil and no matter how much I wanted to kill him, I couldn't. He surely betrayed us but killing him would mean I will betray his brother, that I couldn't do that. I let him go, just before whispering some words in his ears, just for him to listen and understand, "This is your Master, who doesn't care for you. He could care less if your head is placed on your neck or on the ground beside your body. It is your brother who saved you today, not some pity excuse of you master." I pushed him. "I knew you were too good to kill him." Scott knew me too well

"Kate, I am sorry. But we can't win." Aaron said and hugged me quickly. We were all confused. Even the Son. "Sorry, Scott. It took me a while to understand who is more powerful. But now that I understood, I am with you. Here," "Aaron, what are you doing?" I asked when he took out a ring, not any ring, it was one of the Two Magic Rings. Damn, the magician. He surely had many tricks up his sleeves. No one of us noticed when he took out the rings from my pocket, but I am sure it was during the short hug.

He handed the ring to Jake, who took time to assess it and while smiling gave it to Scott. Even after what his so called master did to him, he still is following him. All the Evil guys are so much loyal to each other. "It seems that everyone is betraying you Katherine Owens. First, Jake and now Aaron. I will make sure to save a spot in my army Aaron. And don't worry Kate, you will get the honour of being killed by the hands of the King." he was surely very happy by this unpredictable betrayal. He put on the ring, marking our defeat.

The ring, as soon as was on his ring finger started to glow. A white aura, surrounded it. Wasn't it supposed to give black aura?  Maybe, Scott also had the same question. "Why did you give me the ring of happiness? Why Jake? Why Aaron?" the white aura surrounded his body slowly, and his tries to took off the ring were unsuccessful. "Well, the same reason you didn't try to protect me when she was going to slit open my throat." Jake had a look of pure hatred on his face. "How is the taste of betrayal? " it was my time to taunt him and smile.

His body was reduced to ashes, and the ring lay on top of those, unharmed, without any scratch. Jake picked up the ring while looking at his brother, who had a look of proudness on his face. Finally, his brother had decided to give up his evil ways, it surely was a moment to be proud of.

"Wait a second dear Brother. Are you thinking that I have turned good?" Jake smirked and put on the ring.

If Ring of Happiness and Life can kill the dead, then what will it to the living?

It will give him power, a voice squeaked inside my head.

Oh, No.