Chapter 19

Everything was explained to Aaron, by me while Jonathan was still in his I-cannot-believe-this mood, no one can blame him but still he should have tried to cope up. Aaron, being a magician didn't believe in real magic, what an irony. After a lot of explaining, Aaron finally believed. "Jonathan, can we first try to escape and then I will accompany you in this self wallow please." I said in teasing tone, trying to lift the mood and slightly to make him remember in which situation we were. "You are right. Even if he is my brother, it doesn't matter, he still is on the wrong path and it is my duty to amend it." Jonathan broke his long silence and this time, instead of sorrow, there was determination. Determination to eliminate evil.

"How to cut these ropes ? I have an idea but for that I need to reach the pocket knife kept in my pocket." And that was impossible. And I knew it. "Let me help you" Aaron stood up and went behind me to untie me. "How did you become free?" Jonathan and I asked at he same time. "My dear forgetful friends, I am a magician and I play with ropes. They are my best friends. I know how to open every knot in this world." he replied. "You know that is called Show-off" I pointed out, but anyways thanked him. After all him being a magician, helped.

We waited for them to come. Jake and the Son. Sitting in the upright position on our chairs, in the same position as previous one but the only difference being there were no ropes this time and we were completely ready to face anything which was coming. We waited for a long time  when they finally decided to enter.

Jake with Mr. X behind him. The person who wrote messages, who threatened me, who framed Daisy for all this, who was behind all this drama, who was the mastermind.

The grey walls of the square room without any windows were making it more difficult to see his face. Only a light bulb was there, in the centre of the ceiling which gave enough light to see Jake's cold, expressionless face not the person behind him. They didn't stop when they reached the doorstep. They kept moving until Jake was standing beside him, and he was directly under the bulb.

Finally, there was a face to Mr.X, there was a name to Mr.X which I never thought could happen. It was Scott. Scott can do anything like this was unbelievable. If it was few days back, when I wasn't kidnap and I hadn't seen the sinister look on his face, I would have trust Scott completely but now he was someone completely different, someone I didn't know and I didn't wish to also.

"You did all this." I said obviously stating the obvious. "Is there any kind of doubt?" he laughed a little, a laugh which was evil tinted. "Kate and Aaron both of you were planned to kidnap but Jonathan present here is just a surprise for me. Jake told who you are Jonathan and just let's say it will be fun to kill you and Kate same goes for you too. " he said while his eyes were concentrated on our slightest movement. Even they thought that we were tied up, Scott was always ready to fight, never put his barriers down.

"While on the hand, Aaron  you will be of no use after I get the ring." he stated while forming a sad face. "Then what was his use?" I couldn't stop myself from questioning. "Well, somebody got guts to speak. He would have got a large amount of ransom but after I get my ring there will be no money needed." he sat on the chair, once on which Jake was sitting. "Ransom?" this time it was not me, it was Jonathan. "Jake explain to them. I don't have time and patience to answer their small questions every next minutes nor I want to delay the fun to kill them." accepting his master's order, the servant standing in the corner, whom we knew as Jake started the explanation, " Sure Sir. Kate do you remember your little trip to Venice?" I just nodded. "You went to arrest the gangster who was never there. He was right in front of eyes and you denied to acknowledge it. Scott here was the one you were finding. Did you ever think that it was too easy to catch that fake gangster?" "Yeah, it crossed my mind. But thanks to both of you, the messages and the ring drama took my mind off it." I said, more to myself. "But why would you take up a gangster profession and protect Aaron when you wanted to kidnap him?" I asked. "Well, Devil or not, you need money to strive in this world. And this profession suited my personality and my reputation as well. Aaron was my back up plan, which I do not need anymore. It is not that I don't have confidence in my plans but a back up plan is a must. If, by some unfortunate turn of events, I would have failed then kidnapping Aaron would give me enough money to relocate and come back with a bigger and better plan. But that was not needed." this time Scott slash the Son said, probably proud of his plan. " Now give me the ring Kate. We can do this in whichever way you like. Hard or Easy." he maybe the Son but he was very impatient, just like Scott I knew. "Scott, you know me and obviously my ways too." I smirked.

"Okay, then. Hard it is."

That's when, all hell broke loose.