Chapter 10

First Taylor and now Jonathan.... my suspect list is becoming longer.

"Daisy, you go and have your lunch. I have to go somewhere. Meet you later." She didn't question me and walked away. If Jonathan or Taylor, any one of them was near my locker then there were minor chances of me getting another message. It was time to check it out.

Minor chances proved to be right. Another white envelope was there, waiting for me. This time too there was the same message. Find it soon...  but without another picture, because I was sure what the message meant. My eyes were focused on the message and when they shifted there was something which escaped them before. It was a piece of cloth. A cotton cloth, that I was sure of. A red cloth with blue lines. The piece of cloth was stuck on my locker, it meant only one thing, the person who kept the envelope was in so much hurry that he forgot to notice his little mistake. One new task that added to my To Do List at that moment was finding the person who was wearing the same shirt.

Little did I know that God fulfils wishes so fast. Jonathan came towards me with a worried expression, wearing his black spectacles, brown pants and the red shirt with blue lines. The shirt to which this piece belonged. "Hey! Kate listen to me please. Its really important." He broke my series of thoughts while waving his right hand in front of me. Instead of gaining my attention to what he was speaking there was another thing which became the main point of my attention. The hole on his full sleeves, it was the place of the fabric which was stuck in my locker. Did Jonathan keep the envelope in my locker?

"Have you seen it?" he asked me, "What?" I asked, I had only heard the last part of his chattering. "My locket? Weren't you listening?" He asked, his concern, worry, and the anger was really visible.

"Sorry. No, I didn't see your locket." it was a proof and I can't hand it over to him, no matter how much emotionally connected he is to the locket. Before he could say something more, we heard some voices down the hallway. It was coming from the same hall where the first message was found. I and Jonathan ran towards the classroom only to see Scott, standing near the table with Jake, both of them having weird expressions and looking on the table. A girl was lying unconscious on the table. Her one hand hanging out of the table and blood was dripping out of her fresh wound. Her hair was covering her face. There were some officers standing with guns and were going to arrest her. The blackboard was no different, again covered with a message written with blood, it was sure this time.

7 Days Left...

Am I having time limit? Still nobody noticed both of us standing and watching the scene. The girl was picked up by an officer and her face was now clearly seen, her hairs were out of the way. Her pale face was having a scared expression. She was none other than Daisy. "Take her to the hospital. And from there to under custody." Scott said and turned around to see me and Jonathan. "Scott, What is happening here?" I questioned him. "She is behind all the drama happening in the University. The messages written with blood was her fault. We are going to arrest her." Scott explained me. "Who told you? How are you so sure?" I was not ready to believe this lie. Daisy can't do anything like this. What happened to your Lesson number 1 of not trusting anyone? my secret agent part of mind taunt me.

"Jake saw her writing this message. He is eye witness and is giving the statement that Daisy is responsible for all the messages written on the wall and..." "the messages you are getting." Jake completed Scott's statement. "How do you know about the messages I am getting?" I don't remember telling about them to anybody.

"I saw one of them in your hands and your horrid expression yesterday. Later I went to your locker and read it." he explained easily. I wasn't sure whether it was truth or a plain white lie. "It doesn't matter. She didn't harm anyone and those messages can be a prank. Leave her Scott" " I can't do that. We suspect that she is planning something big and these messages were just a start. We have to arrest her." Scott said while exiting the classroom. "Scott Can you do me a favour?" "What?" he stopped with his back towards me. "Arrest her if you want but please keep her in hospital for sometime, I am sure I can prove her innocent." "Kate, you are the best we have but you didn't inform us about these. I shouldn't be allowing you to do this but I am giving you 7 days to prove her innocence. She will be under arrest but in hospital for these 7 days." Scott and all other officers made their way out of the room with unconscious Daisy. Jake muttered Sorry and went away. Jonathan was still standing beside me.

7 Days..... remaining... was the only thought in my mind at that moment.