Chapter 12

There, in front of me was the most horrifying place on earth. Before this night, it was my favourite place which used to give me comfort but now my thinking had change and took a turn of 180 deegree. And the place i was thinking so much about was my bed, which was right in front of me.

Slowly I walked towards it and sat on it. Then keeping my head on the pillow and closing my eyes, for the first time in forever I wished for the nightmare. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep.....

I was standing in a burning town. The same town. The girl was crying, and the woman was lying there in unconscious state. No one else was there in sight. Maybe all of them were lying on the ground or ran away. Suddenly the man in cape and with scar came out of nowhere. His footsteps were heard, slowly and slowly he was making his way through the dead bodied towards the crying girl. His right hand's ring finger had the ring. The ring which I was supposed to find. He sat in front of the little girl, coming at her level. The girl saw him through her teary eyes. He took out his ring and held it in front of the girl's eyes. The girl eyes were now focused on the ring. The man had a look of pure malevolent. "Where is the real ring?" he asked, in a deep and harsh voice and saying every word slowly so that the girl could understand. The girl turned her head towards where I was standing and pointed her finger towards me. Her eyes met mine and she spoke, "She knows".

I woke up at this moment. "She knows" I muttered her words again. Why everyone thinks I know about the ring? The man's voice, just like his face, was familiar. Tonight's nightmare was different but didn't give any clue. That meant that I had to find the ring all by myself.

I took out the picture that was in the letter. The picture was my only clue. Maybe I can track this too, just like I track criminals. But chances are low. They are people, I don't know if my senses work with things too?  I was going to find out about this next morning.

Next Morning

I was standing, ready to test my senses. Closing my eyes, I concentrated on the image of the ring. I dismissed any other thought that was going to occupy my mind and concentrated on it. Totally focused on the ring. When I opened my eyes, I felt the same way, the times when I track the criminals. I was going to find out the ring.

My legs started moving. I was walking and my senses were taking me to the place where I would find the ring. Walking through the sea of people, I took many turns and dodged many people who were in my way. After walking for half an hour I reached somewhere.

I was standing in front of my café. The café where I used to work. But my legs didn't stop. They took me in the café, straight to Sofia. She was standing there, near a table, noting his order. The person had his back towards me. I finally stopped when I reached near the table. Maybe Sofia knew where the ring was?

"Sofia, can I talk to you for a minute?" I whispered, careful not to disturb the customer who was so focused on reading the menu. I took Sofia with me to the other side of the café which was empty at that time of the day.

"Sofia I am going to ask you one thing and answer in yes or no. Do you know where this ring is?" I took out the picture and showed it to her.

"Yes" She muttered.

♥♥♥