Chapter 11

"Jonathan can you tell me what caused that hole on your shirt ?" I asked him directly, not caring that he would get alert if he was the culprit because now this case was more than just a professional case. Daisy's future was now at stake. If I couldn't prove her innocent in next 7 days then she can be in some kind of jail for rest of her life, and I couldn't let that happen.

"I don't know. I noticed it but didn't think about it that much. You know I was getting late for my next class. But why are you asking me such question?" it was a genuine question and I knew it by looking at his face which had a confusing and questioning look. "Next class? Were you in university when you changed?" I again questioned. "Yeah, somebody spilled his drink on me so I had to change. Thank goodness Jake had my shirt which he borrowed few days back. But can you really tell me what's cooking up in your mind ?" Jonathan's question didn't matter to me at that moment. "Jonathan I will tell you when the dish is ready in my mind. But for now let me collect the ingredients. Bye." I left him there, maybe confuse and went to the library. Students stay far away from library and this silent place helps me to think well. The suspect list was now full of names and everyone was on the list because of a reason. Taylor, he wasn't seen anywhere when messages were received and he had a mysterious vibe to him. Jonathan, his locket and torn shirt were there as a proof and then there was Jake, who most probably was the one who was responsible for the torn shirt and one more thing to notice was that both of the time he only discovered the messages on the board.

Three of them had enough proofs for them to be on suspect list but none of them had enough to be proved as the main culprit who was responsible for all this.

And the ring, which Mr.X wants me to find, I didn't have a single clue about it. 7 days to prove Daisy innocent, 7 Days to find the culprit and 7 days to find the ring. These 7 days are going to be crucial. Very Crucial.

Lost in my own thoughts I didn't notice Taylor who quietly sat beside me. "So lost?" he whispered. I was surprised by the sudden disturbance. "It's nothing." I denied. "I know, Daisy has been arrested and Scott has given you 7 days. He believes that Daisy is responsible but personally if you ask me I don't think she can do anything like this." I was quite happy to know that there is someone who also thinks just like me but these sweet talks can't cut his name from the suspect list. " You know, I feel so lost, confused. There are so many questions right now in front of me but I don't have a single answer." I don't know why but these words seemed to flow out of mouth. "Kate, answers are present there only, mixed up with your questions, try to find them. Open your eyes and you will see them right there, waiting to be discovered by you only." with this said he opened his book and started reading putting an end to our conversation and a new start to my thinking. He sat quietly beside me with a book of magic in his hands. He was interested in magic?  I didn't know that.

But whatever he said was right. Maybe there was an answer in my questions. Maybe instead of finding the culprit, if I try to find the ring, I will get some answers. The ring, just think about it. How does it look? What it is made of? Is there any speciality? Where I have seen it?

The last question really got me thinking, the photograph was not the first time I had seen it, it was in my nightmare. Maybe the Nightmare was the way to new answers or new questions.

All this time I was running away from this nightmare but now it was time to face it. It was time to finally see the end of it. The following night was going to be the longest night of my life, that I was sure of.