Chapter 15

"Come with me. I have something to tell you and believe me it will change everything." He  said waiting for my answer. I just raised an eyebrow not knowing what else to do. He opened my car door and gestured me to come out. I knew him and he couldn't possibly harm but anything can happen in next second so I was on high alert. One wrong move and he would have to endure my punches and kicks.

I moved out and sat in his car while he sat in driving seat and started driving. "Where are you taking me?" I asked confused. "Don't worry, You know I can't attack you and even if I tried you can kill me." he  stated the truth. "You could take me to place filled with sumo wrestlers who can snap my neck in mere seconds." I just thought of a possibility. "Well the thing I am going to tell you is worth a chance." he said again. The car came to sudden halt. There was a small cabin in front of us. "Where are we?" "A place where no one could have followed us." He was sure about this.

"Come inside." he invited me inside. Now everything is worth a chance. There was a risk but if he is going to tell me something important then the I was ready to take the risk. We both entered the cabin, I sat on a chair while he went inside and came out with a bottle. "Want some coffee?" He asked. "No, thanks, but can you come to the point. What is that you want to tell me?"  He sat opposite to me emptying the bottle, filing his cup with hot coffee. The hot coffee aroma filled the atmosphere. I had no time to see the interior of the cabin and it was not so good to be noticed. "Ok. Kate listen to me carefully. It may sound absurd, unbelievable but it is true. There are many things in this world we don't know about and tend to believe that they are non-existent but they are still present in some corner of the world" he said, now waiting for my some reaction. "You are right. Not about the non-existent-but-real things but about you sounding absurd. I completely agree you are sounding insane."

"Kate, you have nightmares right?" before I could answer he continued. "I know because you are supposed to have nightmares." "I am supposed?" I was literally confused.

"It is a long story. A very long one. Many generations back, my mom's great great great grandmother" "that's a lot of great." I pointed out. "Don't interrupt. As I was saying, her grandmother was the assigned protector of the rings. And she was assigned by your great great great great grandmother." I again interrupted "4 greats. and wait a second Rings? As in more than one rings are there ? And what about my nightmares?"

"I am reaching there and you will know about your nightmares yourself. Your mother was the first protector of the rings but when the Son of Devil was about to get them, she handed them over to my mother's ancestor. When He couldn't find the ring and your grandmother was also not ready to tell him, he took every path to reach the rings. He tortured her, burnt the whole town and even tried to kill her daughter. But none of the paths could get him to the ring. The whole town was burnt down to ashes and your grandmother was killed." he stopped for a second to take a sip of his coffee. That was a lot of supernatural stuff to believe in. "But in my dreams the lady was dead, not the little girl. And I am here means that little girl survived. How?"

"The Son, as some people call him, couldn't get the ring, he decided to leave her daughter as he was sure that at some point of time, the rings will come out of their hiding and when it happens, it will happen just because of her daughter or her daughter's daughter or I think you got the point. Only the daughter could make it happen who would be able track it, and you, Kate are the One. You have tracking powers. You are the chosen one. The rings were handed over the generations and the last one was my mother." He sounded like some creepy old man who was trying to scare the hell out me and I wouldn't lie saying I wasn't.

"So your mother has the rings and I am supposed to get them out of their hiding." I concluded.

"My mother took her job very seriously. She used to save the rings with her life. Although the Son never got a hint that the rings could be with her, she was always on high alert. The Son also assigned someone to find the rings as he couldn't wander in the world for the same." "Who was assigned?" I asked and didn't expect the answer.

"My Dad." Wait, Am I hearing the right thing?

"Your Dad?" I was shocked, again.

"Yes, my Dad. When Mom came to knew about this, it was too late. One evening before her marriage she overheard my dad speaking to the Son, himself. She was surprised but decided to marry him because she loved him and moreover it would be easier for her to keep an eye on him. I was closer to her but my brother was closer to my Dad. So she decided to tell her secrets to me and make me the next protector of the rings. Although she said the my Dad stopped working for the Son, but she asked to stay alert all the time." He told his family story.

"What about your Dad? Where is he now?"  

"When my mom passed away, he was depressed and one year later died. So right now there is no one working for the Son." his eyes were distant, probably remembering his dad or mom or both.

"I am sorry about that. You said there were more than 1 ring. Where are the other rings?" I asked again.

"There are only two rings. One, I believe is with you and the other one is with me. But the one you were finding is the ring which is with me."

"How do you know what I was finding. And my tracking can never go wrong. When I tried to track the ring I reached Sofia." I was a little annoyed when he tried to insult my tracking ability, or power as he said.

"You reached the table, not Sofia. She was just standing there. Ever thought, maybe you weren't supposed to reach Sofia, who was noting down the order, maybe you were supposed to reach the person sitting right there, giving the order. It was just a coincidence that Sofia's mother had the ring."

"Ok.... I didn't think about that. Maybe you are right. So you were the person sitting there. But how do you know about Sofia's mother ? Wait a second, don't answer that, you were eavesdropping. I knew somebody was there." With eavesdropping, I was sure he followed me too on the way here.

"Sorry about that but I was forced to do it due to the circumstances. I usually don't do it." he tried to explain his doing. "Right" I scoffed.

"The ring you have is lighter in colour, I think you would have notice that, it is the ring of happiness, life and all good emotions you can think of. And the one which I have, is the ring of sadness, death and all bad emotions you can think of." he ignored me and continued.

"So anything else you want to tell me?" I was having a hard time believing all this.

"You are the chosen one, so here take this ring too. But please protect both of them, don't ever forget that many people lost their lives just to protect them." His coffee was finished, he kept the cup down and handed me over a vintage box which had the ring. The ring was the exact colour as photo and my dream. Maybe he was telling the truth not a fairy tale. But still there was a maybe.

"Why should I believe in all this?"

"I will give you two reasons. First, think about it, there are two rings and you are a good tracker, even if you don't want to acknowledge it, deep down in your heart you knew it was unnatural and it could be some kind of supernatural power. So whatever I told you has proven righr. And the second reason, the most important one, you have no other option right now other than to believe me." He walked out of the cabin. He was right, although I didn't believe him completely, I considered it as a possibility.

"Wait for me, Jonathan." I ran to him and joined him in his car.

A/N

Longest Chapter till now......... 1500 words.......

Well did anyone was able to guess that Jonathan, the supposedly weak one could be a protector? Well there are more secrets to be revealed, it is just one of them. Stay tuned because form now on it is going to be a fast journey.

So fasten your seatbelt, check your internet, get ready for a ride......

Read.Vote.Comment.

♥♥♥♥♥