Chapter 21

Jonathan's look of proudness of wiped out because of his brother's words. For once, we thought he was going to be good, because that's what happen when you don't kill a puppet of villain and make him see his master's real face. Then the puppet helps you to kill his master and everyone lives happily ever after. That's what happen in books. But Jake was being non-cliché. And I hated it.

The ring was on his finger, nothing could be done. "Do you like Mango milkshake? because I do. I love to drink it. The fresh mangoes..." Jake was babbling. He was smiling like crazy, he was talking like crazy, he was acting like crazy. This ring had made him crazy, insane. Jonathan was the first one who spoke, "I know what to do." his eyes were teary, he swiftly came to me and snatched the pocket knife out of my hand. Positioning the knife in his right hand while walking towards his, now-crazy brother, he closed his eyes and stabbed him in his heart. Some traitor tears escaped his closed eyes. Jake's eyes were wide open and he fell on the ground. The blood was oozing out of his fresh wound. He looked at his brother while taking last breaths. The brothers who used to fight, that too in friendly manner, who knew everything about each other, who grew up together were forced to fight till death. And this fight ended when one had to kill the other. His last breaths were his last moments of consciousness. "I always loved you dear brother. And I am sorry." his eyes closed when he finally gave up and death took him under his wings.

Jonathan was crying. His only brother was dead. Killed. And killed by him. "I had to do this." he said in a mere whisper. "Because Anything in excess is Bad." I repeated the words with him. The words which I heard in my dream. The dream that I saw when I returned from Sofia's.

"Mother, where were you?" standing in the middle of a meadow, I asked the woman coming towards me with a faint smile and eyes filled with horror. "Nowhere. Listen to me very carefully, there are so many things you need to learn in your life but maybe I will not be the one to teach you, maybe I will not be by your side when you need me but remember Life is the greatest Teacher. It will teach you to stay strong, to fight, to lose, to fight again and also to win. But before going, I am going to tell you something, remember it always, Excess of anything is Bad ." her melodious sweet voice was so loud in the silence. "Excess of anything is Bad." I repeated after her. "Mother, where are you going?" I asked in a childish voice, "To protect, my daughter you will remember everything when the right time comes. Your dreams will be pathways to your buried and lost memories. And no matter where you are, in which time you are, you will always return here, in your dreams." she kissed my forehead and walked away, maybe to return never.

The dream played again in my mind. Making me remember the warning, which I fortunately got, but not Jake. 

I slowly moved towards the dead body and took out the ring. Keeping it in my pocket, I couldn't help myself but think about Jake. The greed of power forced him to wear the ring. He thought that Ring of Happiness and Life will make him immortal, will give him power, but his mind couldn't handle it. The power overflew his mind, his body, making him insane. Just like, when a container gets overfilled and couldn't contain its content.

Jonathan with eyes closed was crying. Jake's body was in front of me. His pale face, his lips in thin line. It was unusual to look at this boy and tell that it was same Jake whom I met in the plane, outside my café, the Jake, who never ceased to smile. Who used to cheer everyone present in one kilometre of his surrounding. But that's what is called Life. Life gives you such surprises which you cant even think of. It may be good or bad. But this was my worst.

"I just wanted to help you. I thought that Ring of Life will kill the Devil. I didn't know anything like this will happen to Jake." Aaron whispered slowly, obviously feeling guilty. "Everyone did what they had to." Jonathan said, wiping his tears and standing up. I knew he put up a mask. "No need to feel guilty. Let's get back to university and release Daisy out. I will make sure that his body is taken care of." he said in a cold voice. He couldn't even take his name. Aaron and I decided to keep silent because it was for the best.

Sometimes words can't heal your wounds, only time can. And this time too, we will let Time do its work and we will wait.

A/N

There is going to be one more chapter. A kind of epilogue. This book has come to an end. Hope you all enjoyed it.

Read.Vote.Comment.

♥♥♥