Chapter 4

Author's Note,

Feel free to comment and vote. ♥♥♥

"This is the final boarding call for passengers Katherine Owens and Jonathon Woods, booked on flight 372A to Venice. Please proceed to gate 3 immediately. I repeat. This is the final boarding call for Katherine and Jonathan. Thank you." the announcer announced mine and his name for 3rd time and the last time.

Jonathan was late, I expected that such a person will be punctual but he wasn't here. We are going to miss the flight if he doesn't make it right now and after this, the next flight is in the next week.

He better has an explaination for his delay. I was walking impatiently from one end to another. That's why I don't like any kind of assistant.

"Ma'am... I mean Katherine, I am here.." a familiar voice yelled from another end of airport.

"Where the hell were you Jonathan? Do you have any idea what time it is?"

"I am sorry Katherine I have an explanation but right now let's board plane or we will miss it" he told me in an apologetic tone while reaching near.

"You better have an explanation or else I swear I will throw you out of the plane" I muttered under my breath careful that my threat doesn't reach his ear considering how fast he gets nervous.

We were now finally boarded and flight was going to take off. Jonathan was silent for last 15 minutes and an awkward silence was settling down.

"So Jonathan what is your explaination?" I asked trying to start conversation. I cannot travel with such a weird person.

"Actually it was traffic and I was packing."

"Yes your luggage size explains why you were late.."

"Katherine it was just a little bit overweight"

"If by little bit you mean 5 kg then surely it is just a little."

I said smiling that made him less nervous.

"My sincere apologies for my curiosity but can I ask you a question?" Here comes the old Jonathon...

"Feel free to ask" I asked him to continue.

Biting his bottom lip which he was a sign of his constantly increasing nervousness he said, "How you track someone so efficiently?" really he was afraid to ask this question.

"Actually I don't know, maybe its a talent" I answered him coolly, I have some guesses but that's not what I wanted discuss right now and especially with him.

"No that's not what I meant. I have seen your profile, studied your cases, you have tracked everyone so far. How is this possible? Do you have some kind of power or something?" he said trying to explain his question.

I knew where this conversation was leading to, how can I do that or this... Although one of my guesses is the same but that is the last possibility. There is nothing supernatural in this world. "Jonathan, I don't know what you are talking about. Anyways has Scott given you any file?" I asked him trying to change the topic.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it and here is the file. His name is not defined and there is only one picture. I don't know how you are going to find him." I let out a heavy sigh and handed me the folder.

It was around 12 in night and it was dark outside.

"Jonathan you should sleep. I will study this file. Good night."

"Actually I wanted to tell you something. Scott told me not to but I think it is important..." he said biting his lower lip nervously. "What is it?" After waiting for some time he answered "No.... Wait, you will see it tomorrow..." Wow! Is Scott planning to give me a surprise? Why I have a feeling I am not gonna like it?
Jonathan finally wished me "Sweet Dreams" putting an abrupt end to the conversation.

"If that is possible" I answered unknowingly thinking of the nightmares which were now coming nearly every night. Reading the file was just a way to keep me awake.

I just turned to see if he heard my answer but only to find that he fell asleep. I opened the file, there were printed materials and newspaper articles and a photo of that smuggler.

He had short beard, was nearly bald and his face was round with coal black eyes on it. I started reading the articles, hopefully it will keep me awake.

...... Today the most wanted criminal Josh escaped from the clutches of police. He was taken to.....Bank looted.....5 were murdered.....museum artefacts stolen.....smuggling again started in state of Silira ..

There were many articles and now I was getting bored and a little bit sleepy. So I thought it is better to stop reading those and lay on my seat for a while.

Jonathan was sleeping, little snores escaping his mouth. Lights were off and everybody was sleeping.

This flight which once was filled with noise of chatting of women, laughing kids and crying of babies was now all quiet. It was around 3am and we were getting near our destination with each passing hour.

I was wondering how today morning I was in cafe, serving coffee and laughing with Sofia and now I was going to fight some gangster.

 Sofia was so funny and mature at the same time. I lived in my apartment, alone and whenever I needed someone she was always there with here great advice.She was cute and pretty. Her red hair was short and she was always smiling.

And then there was Scott, always scowling and with is changing moods. I don't know why he was so tensed today. I didn't get time to ask him. All thinking work was draining my little energy which was left.

Now my eyes were becoming heavy and I slowly gave up to stay awake and surrendered myself to sleep, not before seeing someone familiar standing near my seat. Before I could recognise him my eyes were closed and I was in deep slumber.

Next Morning

I opened my eyes to see a food stuffed face of.... Jonathan. Maybe he is always too hungry or he is doing stress eating. I would go for the later one.

Yesterday night I saw someone familiar, who was it?

"Hello both of you!" someone said, before I could lift my face to see who was he, Jonathon's smile confused me. Why was he smiling?

I looked up to see....

Author's Note

Please can someone suggest a cast for Sofia, Scott and maybe Jonathan. Bye.