Chapter 6

2 Days Later

I was back at my home. The criminal was arrested and in jail. We were safe and sound back here. Jake and Jonathan were really really irritating at first, questioning my every move, giving their unwanted suggestions and never going according to the plan, many times we were saved just because of luck.

Flashback - 1 day before

In the ruins of the old ware house they were hiding somewhere. Guards were positioned at every corner. We were supposed to remain silent and hid in the shadows. And the last move would be arresting the criminal, holding him as bait and get out of there. Apparently Jack had recently seen some action movie and wanted to do something like that. First guard who came into sight, he went gorilla on him. Gorilla Warfare was used in the movie which he copied. But it turns out that he is trained in some kind of marshal arts. At last, Jonathan was standing silently in a corner, watching us, as we fought against the guards. Finally when everyone was lying unconscious, I tracked the criminal and he was arrested.

But one question was still hovering over my mind, it was very easy. Arresting him was very simple, Scott said it could cost someone's life but he was just sitting their comfortably on his chair, and when he arrested him, he didn't fight back. Why?

Walking down the streets, which would lead me to the university I was thinking about this only.

Why didn't he fight? What was going on? Was it some kind of trap? or...

My train of thoughts was lost when I bumped into someone. "Watch yourself" I said before moving on but someone grabbed my hand "Hey Kate won't you show me around our university?" Jake's voice came from behind. "You mean, you want to visit my university? Why?" I questioned raising one eyebrow suspiciously. "Nope, our University. Scott thought it would easier if we three studied in the same university. You know for any future cases it would be convenient for us to communicate." I was hearing this with my mouth with agape. "What do you mean by future cases?" "Do I need to make you understand everything. After our last mission's success Scott decided to make our Trio. I agreed happily."

I couldn't believe it. Why didn't anybody ask me?

"Hi Kate and Jake" Jonathan came and stood awkwardly beside us. "So you mean to say you two are going to study here? With me? Here?" I asked again hoping that somewhere I would have misunderstood him, even when the possibilities of happening the same were very less. "Yes, Yes and Yes. Aren't you excited?" Jonathan answered my questions, he was really happy with the decision I guess. They both were but for me, I was shocked, mainly, and besides that angry. Right now I wanted to talk to Scott. I was really not okay with his decision and not with the idea of a Trio.

"Let's go or else we are going to be late..." Jake said while grabbing my hand and dragged me to the gates with Jonathan.

Everyone was staring at three of us. Literally, everyone stopped whatever they were doing just to stare at us, just to see which weirdos were walking beside me. And they both were really enjoying the attention.

I need to talk to Scott. Really. Right Now.

By lunch time, Jake really fit in and made some friends from the popular group. But Jonathan was completely different. He was all alone. Both of them didn't talk to me till lunch, both of them busy in their new worlds, one in a world where no one was present, all alone and another one in a world where socializing was the greatest and a must thing to do.

Many of my friends asked me about them but I had nothing to tell about them. How I met them? I couldn't tell them I met 2 brothers in a mission. And I really doubt they told anyone they were brothers. Jake was sitting at the popular table. On his first day, reaching that table was really an achievement. Jonathan was sitting all alone on a table in a corner of the hall. I had only one special or best friend in here and today she was absent so I had no explaining to do about the two. All studies, missions and everything didn't give me any time to go out and hang out with friends, only Daisy was there for me.

I took my tray and went to sit with Jonathan, even though irritating I couldn't leave him all alone and he was sitting on mine and Daisy's table.

He didn't expect me to sit with him, I guess. He was really shocked to see me their. "You are going to sit with me?" He asked "No, I am going to sit on my table, on which you are sitting right now. But anyways you can sit here. I won't mind." I said smiling and starting to eat my lunch.

"Can I sit here too?" a deep unfamiliar voice asked from behind.