Chapter 9

✿ Reid's POV

“As it's a common thing for couples to do... yes Lee. We have to kiss.”

Her eyes grow wide. Even I hadn't thought of it. How could we make everyone believe we were together without kissing? She sits up.

“Maybe this isn't a good idea, Armani,” she says. “Let's just forget about this, okay?”

Is she that worried about a kiss?

I hold out my hand to her.

“Give me your hand.”

“W-What... why?” she stammers.

Kisses were nothing. I sigh and gently take her hand. They were incredibly soft. I press a quick kiss to it and smile up at her.

“That wasn't so bad was it?” I ask.

She makes a face and snatches her hand back, wiping it off on her apron.

“Gross.”

I arch a brow.

“Gross?”

“Gross” she repeats.

I let out a playfully pained breath through my mouth and her lips quirk into the tiniest of smiles.

“Just promise you won't kiss me any more than what's necessary, okay?”

I nod.

“Yes ma'am” I promise.

It was odd, but I wouldn't mind having to kiss her more than necessary. She was cute and had this light in her I liked. No one could make me smile this much in a single seating but she seemed to have no problem doing it at all.

“Mainly around my relatives if we happen across them” I clear my throat, dismissing my thoughts.

“You've thought this out very precisely,” she mutters.

“Because I need this work, Lee,” I say. “That Aussie has to go.”

“Mm,” she hums and pushes my phone back at me.

“All done?”

“Yes.”

“Sooo... are we good?” I ask.

“Yes.”

I smile and nod.

“Okay...”

“On another condition though.”

I look at her.

Another one?

She leans toward me.

“When all this is said and done, you tell everyone I broke up with you, not the other way around.”

I scoff.

“Sure. Anika did it. It won't be surprising for the baker to either” I say.

A playful smile crosses her face.

“Excellent.”

I nod.

“But you have to agree to another condition of mine.”

“Seriously, Armani?” she frowns.

I nod. Lee sighs.

“Fine. What is it?”

I lean towards her this time.

“You most definitely can not fall in love with me,” I whisper, holding her gaze.