Chapter 47

✿ Aileen's POV

“Alright. I checked and not a hair is out of place.”

I arch a brow.

“You know I'm just kidding” she chuckles and throws her arms around me.

I hug her back.

“Thank you, Lee.”

“For what? Taking care of Cami so you and Papi can get some?” I tease.

She playfully punches me and smiles.

“It was no problem. You know taking care of Cami has never been a problem for me. And Reid doesn't mind either.”

“Probably his way of telling you he's ready for his own kid” She pumps her eyebrows.

“Woah, woah there, Bon.”

She laughs and waves me off.

“Yeah, yeah. But you're not getting any younger so hop to it” Bonita pats my bum.

“Hey!” I miss swatting her arm away.

She smiles.

“Well we're gonna get going now, okay?”

I nod.

“Kiss Papi for me.”

“I will” she smiles as she gets behind the wheel.

“Bye Lee!” Camari sticks her arm out of the window and waves vigorously.

I smile.

“Bye, sweetheart. I'll see you at dinner next week!”

Bonita honks as she drives off and I wave till their car is out of sight. Then I turn back into the bakery. It's not until Lyra comes to my office carrying a box tied with a big pink ribbon that I'm forced to take a break. She set it on my desk.

“This came in for you, Miss Lee.”

“Thanks,” I say weakly, staring at the box.

Without looking at the note, I know it's from him.

What's in this box that he can't wait for me to open at home?

“Miss Lee?” Lyra calls, “Do you have any spare candles I could borrow?”

“Yeah. There's a box in the back. Choose your pick.”

She smiles at me.

“Thanks, Miss Lee.”

I turn my attention back to the box and chew on my lip.

What's in it?

Staring at the box isn’t doing me any good, so I take a deep breath. The ribbon slides off easily and I remove the lid. Tissue paper crinkles as I unwrap it and my eyes widen when I realize what it is.

A lacy black bra and panties set.

With a surprised squeak, I smash down the tissue paper, trying to cover the lace. I lift my eyes and meet Lyra’s gaze from across the room. Her mouth is open and her eyebrows are lifted.

Yep, she’s seen it.

“It’s for Tracy,” I feel the need to explain. “I don’t know why she'd get her package delivered here instead of the house.”

Lyra adjusts her glasses.

“Yeah, yeah, of course, of course.”

She totally didn’t believe me.