THIRTY TWO

Lani's P.O.V
I know I did this just to make Christian mad but I would be lying if I say this didn't feel good. Even though I was mad at Dave I missed him. He was like my best friend when we kept shit to ourselves. But, I can't think about that right now...too much is going on at the moment. I was broken outta my thoughts when Dave pulled away from the kiss.
Dave said "Mhm, wait ma. We can't do this."
I said panting "Why ? You have a girlfriend or something ?" while trying to move off him but he held me closer. I don't think he did intentionally but I could feel him through his trunks. Lord please forgive me if I fuck this man right here I'm too drunk for this.
Dave said "I know you. Whatever we do now it's gone feel good but when it's all said and done you not just going to forget. We need to talk. I miss you and I wish things can go back to how they were."
I said lowly "I do too." while looking down.
Dave grabbed my face making me look up at him and "Mama just talk to me, me and you alone. If you never wanna talk to me after that, I will respect that. Just one conversation and we can go from there."
I looked deeply in his eyes and I could tell he was sincere.
I said "Meet me at the door in 20 minutes. I'm boutta go let my friends know that I'm about to step off."
He nodded, we both got outta the jacuzzi and headed our different directions. I was walking around the party looking around for Chyna and India while I was I saw Airi and Destiny in a group with Christian and Breah along with their boyfriends. Not gone lie with all the boy drama, my friends not having my back hurts more than anything because loyalty runs deep to me. Christian locked eyes with me and I just rolled my eyes cause he still looks a little salty. I guess Airi peeped him looking off and looked back then grabbed Destiny attention. I guess they've been trying to be friends again but things can't be the same in my eyes cause I would've never done that to them. They started to walk up and my mind went blank for a second, I can't find my friends and Dave left so I have no buffer. By the grace of god I felt myself being pulled away and while I looked back their faces held small frowns. I turned back to see who was pulling me and let out a sigh of relief when it was India. She was pulling me towards where her and Chyna was at.
India said slurring "You looked like you needed saving." cheesing hard as fuck.
Which made me smile and start hugging her because we was just drunk as fuck tripping. Chyna walked up to us giggling joining the hug.
Chyna yelled "Group hug!"
We pulled away laughing and said "I'm boutta go have a talk with Dave."
Chyna and India said in unison "Ouuuu." and started to do sex positions.
I busted out laughing at how they looked then said "We are just talking, well at least for now."
Chyna said "They way y'all was kissing, I thought y'all was going to fuck in front of everybody."
I laughed then said "I was thinking about it."
India said "Nasty asses."
"But Dave said we needed to talk so I thought I might as well hear him out." I said.
Chyna said "That's good, maybe y'all will work things out." I nodded.
India said "Lani ain't trying talk she just want some dick."
We all busted out laughing. I told them that Dave was waiting on me and we said our goodbyes. I walked to the door where Dave was waiting for me and we headed to the car. We hopped in the car and we sat in awkward silence for about ten minutes so I decided to be the first to start.
I said "You really hurt me." while a tear slipped down and I quickly wiped it away.
I continued "What we had felt real to me and after you said what you said it felt like it was all a game to you. You were my best friend and even if we couldn't be together I thought you would always be in my life." while tears poured down my face and I kept trying to wipe them away.
Dave grabbed my hands then sighed deeply. He ran his hands down his face.
Dave said "Before I tell you how deeply sorry I am...let me tell you everything."
He continued "Everything we had was real baby, things were just complicated for me cause I needed to grow up. I love you with everything in me Lani. I realize now that nothing matters but that. I was keeping us a secret cause my friends thought you were a little off."
I rolled my eyes and just as I was about to speak, he started to speak again.
"Don't worry about that now since you came back to school they've been on your dick but I was too caught up in my imagine. The day you heard what you heard they were on your side but I was just salty about you and that nigga Christian I took shit too far and started speaking outta anger and shìt just escalated from there. I'm so sorry for that and I understand if you want nothing to do with me but it was all outta love on my end."
I sat there lost in my thoughts letting everything sink in. Even though my feelings were still kinda hurt, I understand completely where he was coming from. We're young and people opinions can way down on us more than we want it to. Not to mention that I missed him so much and I would love for things to go back to the way they were, I can't deal with no more pain. Everything is so confusing, what should I do ?