{ Chapter 2 }

After almost 20 minutes, Jay comes out, juggling a tray of sandwiches and two cans of beer. Y/n rushes to help him, Making sure he won't be dropping the sandwiches which were making her drool just by the looks. 

' They look yummy.. ' Y/n speaks, shamelessly checking out the sandwiches. 

' Gosh women, control your eyes, it's like your undressing them with your eyes '  Jay jokes, receiving a eye role from the girl in front of him. 

After downing the sandwiches in under 10 minutes and choking around 2 times, Jay releases a big burp. ' Dude.. ' Y/n judged him so hard even the walls felt uncomfortable. ' What? Nature's gas. You can't do anything about it. ' Jay speaks as he lays his head back onto the sofa. 

' I'll do the dishes ' Y/n declarers as she stands up.  'I was about to ask you to do it anyway' Jay motions towards the kitchen.  'Consider this as the payment for tonight'  Y/n shouts from the kitchen. 

Jay chuckles as he hummed to the music in the background. Slowly after, he realizes that he wasn't the only one humming. ' You know this song? ' Jay questions as he makes his way into the kitchen. He receives a hum and he delivers a nod back.  He takes the washed plates as he wipes them putting them back onto the racks. 

' if you want, you can take a bath. I'll finish up here and I'll get you a blanket and a pair of pillows after I'm done' Jay says as he nudges her.  ' Thank- ' her words come to a halt when she notices Jay's hand moving towards her face. She closed her eyes as she felt his fingers gently wiping off something on her face. 'Your so clumsy you know that? ' 'Thanks for reminding me ' She lets out a laugh as she shakes her wet hands onto his face.  ' Hey! ' Jay shouts as he covers himself, doing the same to her. 

' Okay now go and take your bath ' Jay lets out a little smile as he wipes his forehead and gets back to setting the plates. 

****

Walking into bathroom, i let myself look at his bathroom setup. Even though he is a man he has a bathroom cleaner than mine and Kate's combined together. I chuckle as I slowly began bathing, and right when I'm about to get out, do i realize that i have no clothes with me nor do i have a towel. . .  I am stupid but I'd like to blame Jay since he was the one rushing me. I let out a big sigh as i slowly open the bathroom door as i peek out to see if Jay's is in sight. ' Jay! ' I let out a shout noticing that he wasn't here in the room.  

' What do you need? ' He shouts back, he definitely sounds like he's close yet he's far away. 

' i need a towel or a robe also where on earth are you speaking from? ' I question. ' I'm in the balcony, don't worry i can't see you or anything. I'll keep my eyes towards the sky so walk towards my closet and beside it, there is a table. Pull the second drawer and you'll find a robe. You can use it and go out of the room ' He speaks, his voice in a high octave cause of the distance. 

' Oh okay thanks. ' I slowly walk out wearing the shirt i wore before as i pick the robe, changing myself into it. I slam the door a bit hard indicating that I'm out of the room. I walk towards the Hall room and change into my clothes. I walk back into his room, noticing how he wasn't coming out yet.  Walking towards the balcony, i knock it gently. He turns around noticing my presence. He opens the door and as i walk out, I shiver a bit, feeling the cold breeze hug me, with a hint of mint aroma flowing into my nose.  

I look around as i spot a mini garden. The small fairy lights covering the mini garden giving it a cool vibe. To note it down, it looked exactly like how a garden would look like if Jay planted it. I chuckle as i bend down, breathing in the strong aroma of Mint. I move to the right, smelling lemon grass. And towards the left there was cilantro. There were many but i noticed a small plant still being kept in the cover. I didn't let the curiosity get the best of me so i just left it. 

' Did you grow it yourself? ' I ask him as i lean my back, letting it facing the city as my eyes never left the mini garden, which seems to have stolen my heart. 

' No.. it used to my mother's. ' He takes a deep breath. Noticing how he looked troubled i spoke up. ' It's completely fine if you don't want to talk about it.'  I assured him. 'Thanks. It's actually a hard topic to talk about. Maybe if we live to get more closer than this, i might be willing to open up about it ' He gives me a small smile as he goes back to looking at the sky. I remain quite as well, closing my eyes i let the breeze blow my hair and breath in the pungent smell of mint. The sound of the night falling upon us. 

' What was that plant sitting at the side all alone? ' I questioned, my voice coming out louder than expected.

He seemed equally startled as he shook a bit before replying. ' It's a German chamomile. ' He says, glancing towards the plant. ' I picked it up today , so that's why it's still in it's cover. ' He added.  

' Can we plant- '

' Do you wanna help-  '

It took a good 5 seconds for both of them to realize that they both were talking about the same thing. And when they did, they both broke into the goofiest smiles of all time. 

' We stayed together for a hour but we talk like our Bluetooth has been connected for hours ' Jay laughed, walking towards a small door, on the balcony. I laugh as well, agreeing with him before asking him, ' You need some help there? ' 

' No thanks. I got this! ' He walks out holding 2 shovel's, two pairs of gloves and a small clay pot. 

And soon enough we find ourselves shifting the plant, gently into the new pot. Basically i was just supervising the boy, while he did all the work. What was the reason, you may ask, He was scared i would suddenly rip a root out and end the plant's life before it even began sprouting. I don't know about you but all i see here is a over protective parent. *rolls eyes*

' There. It's done. ' He says as he wipes his invisible sweat. He give the plant a small pat and proceeds to move it towards the garden. He suddenly looks at me, who was, holding the flash light since the power went off. ' What? ' i questioned, raising my eyebrows as him. ' You for a fact didn't help me with the plant, so would you mind cleaning the small mess i made? I'll go take a shower now. Thanks! ' And off he goes, leaving me standing there looking like a fool. 

' WHAT? ' 

Being the good girl my parents raised me to be, i cleaned the mess. Putting the broom sticks back into the storage or what Jay calls, his mini garden storage, I walk into the room. I on my flash again as his room was dark. ' I'll sleep now ' I shouted towards the bathroom. 

' Oh okay sleep well. '  

****

What they didn't realize is that tomorrow isn't gonna be a normal as they think it's gonna be.