{ Chapter 4 }

Y/n pov 

After a hectic ride of getting the last egg trays to fighting a whole family of wild people to get a 500ml bottle of oil, we exit the mall in crappy moods. They even took away the food court outside. More of a reason to ruin my mood. No food, no happiness, me think. And as if it wasn't enough, the moment we stepped out, the rain began to excret it's overflowing emotions with a strong push of wind, causing our one and only umbrella to fly away. I could see the disbelief on Jay's face as he stood watching his precious baby fly away with the wind. Rip, you have lived long my friend.

' You good? ' I question him as I try to hold myself still from the wild wind. 'It.. It just flew of!'  Jay was completely baffled. I give him a pat on the shoulder. ' I-its fine we have only 20 minutes to get back to the our dorms. I need to pick a room as well'  I motion at the watch and tilt my head. 'I'll protect the boxes go and get the car. I'll jump right in!'

We finally got out of the mall and started making our way back to the dorms. The mall was a near one so we would have some time to unload and get myself a new room. Thinking about the room, I open our university's app, moving right to the rooms section.  ' How is the situation with the rooms? ' Jay asked, noticing I was on the phone.

 Both of them knew that it would be hard to get a room since there was only 2 spare rooms left, after the whole batch entered the dorms. Not to mention, the block Jay and Y/n resided was the A block.

 Their dorm campus consisted of three blocks in total. The first one was, A block. It had suite kind of rooms, with 2 balcony's and a spacious living room. It only had one room but the bathrooms were two. The kitchen was huge as well. This block is, with no doubt pricy as hell. To clear it out more, It's the only block which requires you to pay rent. So it's no wonder many study groups to be more precise stay in this place. They sperate the rent and the one room, comes big and fits 2 mini beds. Sometimes a bunk bed. 

Second one, block B. It consists of 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms but just one balcony. A common balcony in the living room. That's something, many students think is a let down. But still many choose it nevertheless. 

The last but not the least, Block C. It had three bedrooms, three bathrooms and very unfortunately, it has no balcony's. Worst part? It is located in the furthest part of the entire campus quads. Though the houses are spacious, it gets hard to live with roommates and so most of the students move out and find a place to stay else where. It's like Block A, but lower budget. The rule? act crazy or as stingy as possible, bully people and have the whole house for yourself.  A disgusting way to earn the house but, believe me when I say more than 5 cases of this behavior has been reported, even though it's just the 1st semester. Just what more will Y/n's fate as a university student await. Let's shift  back to the main part, getting her a room in this mess. 

I don't remember dozing off but I got up to the smell of a fast food joint I loved. 

' W-Where are we?' I questioned, still in a haze from that short nap I just had. 'I figured we could grab some McDonalds since we are out. This might be our last one as well for a long time. ' Jay replies as he passes me a water bottle and goes back to tapping the steering wheel. 

' That's thoughtful of you. Thanks.' I accept the bottle and pass him a smile. He gives a nod and we began waiting for the drive through to clear up. 'I never imagined a fast food joint to be in such a rush at 4 in the morning' I joke as I tilt to see just how many more cars are in front of us. 'That's what a emergency lockdown does to you' That catches my attention.  I chugged the water faster to ask the question itching my mouth. ' What do you mean? I thought it was only our campus that was going into early lockdown.' I tilt my head. 

' Welcome to McDonalds how may i get started for you- ' The staff interrupted us. I give a single to order first with my hands. 

After we finish ordering and we receive the food, we start driving again. I pop some fries into my mouth as I look at him. He asked me not to eat them till we are sanitized and clean. But hunger took over me. ' Sorry I was hungry' I speak with fires in my mouth. He shakes his head and gives me the bottle again as he checks the revers mirror and damn did he look hot doing that. He had a card in his mouth, his hands on the shoulder blades of my seat and his neck veins in full exposure. ' Close your mouth before fly's start feeding on your fries' He jokes and let's out a heartful giggle. Mean 🍑

' About the rooms, I feel like it's better if we go and check it out cause it shows there are no vacancies...  but I'm sure there will be at least one room.. ' I speak as my last words end up coming out like a whisper. ' Hopefully.' He says as he steps the pedal up. 

And like a thunder crashing down on me, there were no rooms vacant. Not even in the C block. As we walked back to Jay's apartment, Jay shakes my shoulders, removing me from the deep thinking. 'Huh?' I ask completely out of it. 

' I asked you if you would wanna see your room? ' He points towards the door in front of me. ' It probably looks like a mess... ' I mumble as I stare at the door before pushing it open. The smell almost making me blank out. ' What the actual hell is that smell! ' I pinch my nose shut as Jay follows my action. ' Are they cooking a body inside? ' Jay spat so causally, causing me to turn my head around to look at him and go, ' That's a wild superstition. I hope it doesn't come true though' I walk inside, holding my breath. It was worse than a trash yard. No it was exactly like a dump yard. 

' It looks like I'll be taking you in now, not cause of no rooms available but cause of pity Y/n. This is so badly messed up the heck?' It's true. It did look messed up. There were highlighted pink feathers all over the sofa, red cups all over the kitchen counter, traces of water or alcohol or whatever liquid substance it could have been. I walk over towards the main room and the sight in front of me horrified me. I stood there, frozen cause of the sight I was viewing. The cold wind passed through the window, giving me chills, breaking me out of the trance I was in. I walk back outside and pass Jay a hand movement asking him to follow me. And he did. As he took a step in, he froze as well. His face losing all color instantly.  

He grabs my hand and walks me out of the dorm, slamming the main door in process. He places his hand on my shoulders and looks right into my eyes. 

' Y/n, listen to me. First off we will report this directly to school. I'll call the school's security unit. You will be staying in my room during the whole lockdown and It doesn't matter. You get inside right now and don't think too much about what you saw there. You get me? ' He ends the speech as he opens his phone to call the security unit. 

I nod my head and he begins to walk way, but I pull his jacket. ' Careful. ' I slowly whispered as I let the jacket go and walk into his apartment. I let myself glace towards my flat and do a small prayer. 

This is a mess.. a big mess.