{ Chapter 5 }

TW:- mention of de*th and and bodies.  

I walk back into the apartment and fill myself a glass of water.  Gulping it down, I take a seat on the bar stool. The image so clearly still in my mind, like a picture that's gonna haunt me forever. A dead body. Not just a regular dead body, but a frozen one, with various experiments done on it. Blue and green marks covered the body. She had a beautiful nose which turned a deep red and her eyelashes were frozen, her eyes were closed like she was in a peaceful slumber. Except there was nothing peaceful about it. A sudden wave of nauseous hit me. I stand up as I try to suppress it. But the moment I ran, I failed to do so. 

Gripping on whatever I could, I let it all out. The feeling of pain hitting me hard. Somewhere i hear the front door opening. It was Jay. ' J-Jay' My voice came out, in a whisper. Eyes filled with tears and my head a mess. I remember seeing Jay walking in on my disgusting state. I wonder what ran through his mind when he saw me. But before I could think much I start seeing black dots. Slowly enough the darkness pulled me in.   

*** Jay pov ***

After I spoke with the security team and the people who were assigned to chain the door, I walk back into my flat. The sight I saw still kept giving me chills. The diner would come and pick the body off by night, they said. As I bring myself to open the door I realized she might have locked it and so I ring the bell, but no response. I try to open the door and a confused expression takes over my face. The door was open. "That's weird" I mumbled to myself as I make my way inside. I notice the bathroom door was left ajar and the lights were on. I walk further and I notice the bathroom mat in a messed state. I glance towards the kitchen in hopes of finding the girl, but I only viewed a empty water glass. ' Y/n? ' voice out loud. I hear a faint whisper from the bathroom and I increased my speed towards it. I barge the door open and I freeze again. 

' G-Gosh Y/N. What happened? ' I speak, and as I began to cover her with a towel, she faints. I freak out. ' No stop don't bail out on me like this Y/n. t-this isn't fair! ' I shake her a bit and notice her pale lips and the eye bags under her eyes. I gently grab her and take her out onto the sofa. I lay her down carefully. My mind suddenly registers the smell and gosh I felt like I had to puke. I had to change her clothes somehow.. But how?....

After a lot of pondering and checking her fever and making sure her pulse isn't dropping. I come to a conclusion to just wrap her in a warm wet towel. I kept them in case I encounter a fever but I'm using it on her. I shake my head. "I'll make you pay for all of this somehow" I slightly flick her forehead as she frowns slightly in her sleep. I laugh and get up to get the cloth. 

******

A wet water drop falls onto her shoulder as she stirred in her sleep. The warm hand on her hand felt comfortable. It felt too good to be real and well she was a person who registers things fast. she shoots her eyes open. Who's hand is it? A sharp pain shoots through her head like a needle. She lets out a small groan. Her hand moving towards her head, trying to clam the pain. 

' Are you okay?' Jay wakes up. He places his hand on her forehead to check if the fever had reduced. As his eyes meet her, he notices how she looked. Maybe cause many hours had passed, the eye bags seemed to reduce. His eyes then trail down to her lips, they looked better than before as well. Thankfully. The girl looked at him, almost like she was viewing a alien. 'What's wrong?' He asked, tilting his head. The girl just stared back. 

'Y/n can you speak?' Jay questioned again, panic began to paint his expression. The girl also had visible panic settle onto her face. A wave of worry suddenly runs through Jay. He gets up and makes a run to his room. Opening and closing each and every book on his table, he begins to run through his notes. It was a topic his class discussed on the last day.  

Selective Mutism. He began to read through it. 

Selective Mutism is a disorder, which occurs when the person is mentally unstable to speak out. It can be caused due to childhood trauma, accidents and traumatic experiences. The risk of the person going completely mute isn't high, as there are way to bring the voice of that certain person back. A proper treatment would be enough-

He slams the book close, taking a deep breath. His hands rubbing his eyebrows in distress. "This can't be possible. Just one look at a dead body and she's gone mute?" A soft knock at the door brings him out of his thoughts. He turns around and sees her standing near the entrance of the door. He turns back towards the study table and picks up a notebook and a pen and walks towards her. 

'Here, I'm sure this will help' He speaks gently as he watches her face fall down. She open's her mouth as if asking him, why? 

' Just write it down. I'm sure you have many questions. Why can't you use your voice. What happened and all. I'll make you some honey ginger water. Sit on my desk and note it all down. I'll be back in no time' He gently speaks and waits until he receives a green flag. She looks at him and then the notebook. she nods. 

[ Author notes ]

If you have come till this chapter, I hope you enjoy the rest of the chapters as well! 

love, Annie -