{ Chapter 12 }

You must have gone nuts. Jay cursed at himself, walking into the bathroom, for a needed bath. 

You must have scared the poor girl. Did you bang your head onto the bed board when you were sleeping or something. He smacked his head with the towel he was holding. 

You better start acting like a normal person instead of some pervert you dumbass. His self scolding's come to a end, as he filled the tub, preparing to take a warm shower. The warm water, gently run down his face and warms, sending a warm feeling onto his body. His mind getting a instant break from all the thoughts.

 His head always felt so heavy, like a burden. He felt like it weighed him down from being normal like others. No way people think about how the teacher had replied to you on your homework and end up beating yourself up and letting that one thing destroy your whole day right? But he did. Overthinking, always weighed him down, the constant thoughts about day to day activities just make his head hurt so much, yet he survived, barely. And now this new feeling of excitement and. . . the times when a small smile from her calmed his whole mind down, shocked him. 

The only thing which helped him calm down was the waves. The sound of the ocean, and never once did he imagine to find something or someone better than that. It made his heart happy, yet the constant fear of being thrown off to the side when she finds out his weak side, made his heart churn. 

Yet, being the human he was, he kept his hopes high, hoping they don't come crashing down. All he could do was hope, and hope, that the hope doesn't betray him.

****

Just as she one shots the water down, the sound of the door opening, indicating that his shower is done, shook her up, causing her to choke on the water. 

Fuck. she cursed as she stood up, grabbing the tissues. 

'Is everything fine?' Jay asks from the kitchen as he poured himself some water. 'You have been acting a bit weird lately' He continues. 

It's cause of you. Y/n could feel the urge to whack her head with the cushion, nevertheless she  suppressed it. 

' I-I'm fine thank you for the concern.' She shakes her head, glancing at the way he drank the water. His Adam's apple moving up and down. Gosh since when did i began to fancy or find attractive a fucking Adam apple. She shakes her head again, and looks at him before speaking. 

' Have you seen the university's front page? ' She threw the question. 

Jay's eyebrows furrowed. ' Why so?' He asks, placing the water cup back onto the stand. He put's his hands into his pockets, walking towards the couch, taking a seat on it. His hands moving towards the small towel which hanged around his neck. Using the ends, he began to dry his hair. 

'Is it something important?' He asks, opening his phone. 

' Wait!. . . ' She yelled. His hands stop moving as his gaze moved up towards the girl. 'Go on ' He casually replied, getting back to doing his works. 

' I. . . . It's fine sorry for interrupting, you can read it yourself and judge the situation' She backs down, calming herself down. He threw a small glance and open's the front page of the campus. 

Reading his way through the front page article, he had a complete poker face on, except for the fact that his eyebrows twitched every time he read the comments. He looked like he was watching a try not to laugh and was not effected at all. Almost like he had already gone through all of this before. He looked a bit too, experienced with the way he handled it. 

' Are you okay?' She asked the first thing that came to her mind. She noticed how his aura had dropped suddenly. Until a minute ago he felt like a comfortable ray of silence and peace and all of a sudden he felt like he was the sun, straight up burning with flames all around it. 

He nodded his head as a answer, getting up from the couch. 'I'm fine' 

He walks towards the kitchen, grabbing open the cupboard open, searching for something. He browsed through the multiple cupboards before turning towards the girl who had the her eyes locked onto him, from the moment he had gotten up from the couch and all when he had moved towards the kitchen and when he had looked through all the 5 cupboards.

Letting out a sigh, he rubs his forehead. 'What do you want for lunch?' He questioned, looking drained all of a sudden. His shoulders were slumped and the glow in his eyes which was present a minute before had completely vanished. 

'I don't think lunch is something we need to be discussing right now.' She says, fiddling with the ends of the cloth which hung off the couch. For some reason it was hard to look into his eyes right now. She didn't understand as to, why, she couldn't look into his eyes. Was she maybe afraid to face the weirdly dimed eyes? Did it scare her to know he wasn't feeling well after seeing everything on the front page? She didn't know. But one thought did run wild in her head. 

Go and hug him. 

Yet that thought was as wild and absurd as it sounded. Cause who would even do such a thing, to a person whom you had known for 2 days to round it off.  Complicated. That's what she felt. 

There was complete silence from both the parties before the door bell, interrupted them. Glancing towards the door and the girl, Jay picks up his pace towards the door.

'Coming.' He whispers as he jogs a little, opening the door. 

Wearing his mask and gloves. he opens the door, greeting the person a good afternoon. But the topic which the person in front of him spoke, threw him off. 

' We have a spare room for Miss Y/n. '