{ Chapter 9 }

' 17th question. Had you ever been in a romantic relationship? ' He asked as a yawn flew out of his mouth. He himself had almost a pile of work to do yet, he finds himself here, playing with her and feeling sleepy as heck. They were playing 21 questions and now by the time they were on the 17th question they could feel their inner energy getting pulled out, rather that, they were in desperate need of sleep. But neither of them wanted to end it. 

Y/n was almost sluggish but still tried her best to interact. On the other hand, Jay felt as if he was fighting the sleep monster to stay intact with his senses. Both were fighting their sleep monsters to stay with each other for a second longer. Cute you could say, but a bit horrendous of a experience it was. 

Getting no reply from the girl, he takes his eyes of, off the book in which she has scribbled all over for the previous questions. Her eyes were gently closed as small snores escaped her mouth. There was hair all over her face given the position she was, laying onto the couch.  He shook his head. If she couldn't even handle it why bother doing it? 

He pushes himself off the ground and gets up, walking towards the room, he brings a blanket and wraps it around her body. She immediately reacts to warmth that showered over her, snuggling deeper into the blanket. 

A  sudden thought strikes his head. The fact that it was his, own, blanket that he had engulfed the girl in. He made himself a mental note to separate his and her laundry in the future, cause dude was a super clean freak. He didn't like anyone's scent hovering his own clothes. Maybe the girl had chances to cross these boundaries but for now it was a, No. 

He dallied himself into the bathroom, splashing his face with water, before letting his work swallow himself into the night. The moon showered the city as the people slept off into deep slumber, while some others like Jay, stayed up, working their butts of, for a future which wasn't promised. 

******

The sun shone on the city, which seemed to be still asleep. The birds chirped happily, a sweet walk up call for the humans. But the horrified truth was that, the sound of the the birds chirping was completely covered off by the fact that, the sound of the the ambulance was the only thing heard. The world was gonna be hit hard, and its gonna last longer than they were expecting. 

Jay had dozed off around 7 in the morning, trying to get some sleep with his head on the wooden table. His neck was gonna ache like shit when he wakes up for sure. Y/n woke up to the loud sounds of the siren, rubbing her eyes, closing her ears, trying to block the noise out. But to her dismay, all senses of sleep had ran out of her body. She stretches out and open's her eyes, taking in the empty space she was in. She had never, ever woken up tp such a clean surrounding. With Kate around, no matter how clean she tired to keep the room clean, it always ended up being too dirty. And so she gave up. She kept her side clean but that couldn't help the fact that they shared the whole of hall and the kitchen together. 

Last night there were cards all over the table and there was a lot of food trash lying around since they ate as they played. But when she checked, no double checked the whole hall from her point of view, there wasn't a single trash lying around. It again and again shocked Y/n how clean Jay could be. A small smile drew over her features. 

He cleaned it all?. . . . He. . . . cleaned it all. . . 

She was beginning to enjoy the reality of her having to stay with Jay rather than any other man on earth during the lockdown. He cooks, he owns a garden, loves plants, has the same taste in music as her, knows medicine, [ Sexy brain she means] knows how to calm a person down and is down to earth.  And for the cherry on top, he is the most cleanest person she has ever encountered. A perfect man she would say. She blushed suddenly at the thought of something, causing her to kick her legs like a baby. Her cheeks flushed red as she messed her hair up, like a complete mad person. A person in love I would say. 

' Did you end up falling for the sound of the ambulance? I hope not cause that's the worst thing you could fall in love with' Jay spoke as he entered the kitchen, hands in his pocket. Y/n sat, frozen. Her cheeks still on fire. 

I fell for you 

She slapped herself at that thought. No way. Was she nuts? She knows.... a lot about him but that doesn't mean she had already fallen for him? Impossible, but then she looked at him, Him who was observing the curry on the stove. He didn't move a inch yet he managed to make her go crazy all over again . It was almost as if she had become a young girl who is watching the love of her life[ crush] for the first time in school after summer break. 

Jay, thankfully didn't hear her slapping and continued his inspection with the curry. He begins re-heating the curry to have some since he didn't get to eat it yet. He stirred the curry and shoots a question. ' You down for some curry?' 

Silence. . . . 

' Y/n?'

More silence. . . . 

He finally turns around to have a greet and meet with a mini heart attack. There she stood right behind him. 

' Sorry. .I-I completely forgot about your voice. ' He scratches his neck, nodding a stupid smile. 

It's fine 

She whispered in a low whisper. Her voice wasn't fully back but she could whisper in a hoarse voice. The boy's eyes went wide open at the sound she made. He portrays a hopeful smile and speaks  'It's coming back. . . ' He nods and breaks into a a bigger and happier smile. She smiles as well, feeling a wide range of emotions. She felt happy and proud, since she could whisper now. But a strange feeling of pain drapes around her heart as well. She slowly dives in for a hug, not being able to control her emotions. A small tear drop falls down as she held herself tightly against him. He didn't, couldn't respond the moment she hugged him, as it was almost the first time he ever got hugged after he moved out of his parents house at the age of 15.

He hesitantly hugged her back, running his hands on her hair gently. He pushed the hair on her face as he held her close. He didn't ever like Physical acts of kindness, even the thoughts of physical intimacy creeped him out. But now he would be lying if he says he doesn't like even a little bit of the hug they were sharing.  And so they stood, in the kitchen, engulfing each other in a warm and comforting hug, the warm sum rays shone through the living room balcony into the kitchen, leaving a beautiful touch of art to the moment they were sharing. 

It felt good.