{ Chapter 6 }

She moves towards the desk and sits herself down. Her eyes roam around his desk, filled with post its and random diagrams of body parts. She lets out a small laugh, but to her dismiss, she doesn't hear her voice. it comes out as breath of air. Her mood drops again. She gets up and grabs the book which Jay handed her, which laid on the bed. She flutters through the book and notices how good of a hand writing Jay has, even though he was a medical student. We all know the curse that medical students go through don't we? They couldn't write properly even if they had their life on line. She found herself tracing the words he had written, though she was clueless of the meaning.

After letting her thoughts run wild for a while, she grabs the pen and begins to write.

Why can't i speak?

She keeps the pen down. She just was curious about this. Her voice. He precious voice which she used, to voice her opinions, gone. She didn't know how to feel about it. It felt weird. She had never failed to voice her thoughts and opinions out and now... she's mute? She laughed at how insane this sounded. A cup being placed onto the table makes her attention turn towards it. He takes a seat on the bed and motions her to drink it.

She brings the glass to her mouth, taking a sip, she sets it down. She writes.

It's hot. But thank you I'll make sure I finish it.

She gives him the book.

Unknowingly a smile dawns on his face.

He sets the book aside and folds his legs. His lips, forming a small smile. 'Shall i begin?' He questions as he looks right at her.

She gives him a nod and turns the chair, so that it's facing him. She holds the drink in her hand and gives him a smile, "go on" she mouths him.

' It's gonna be long, so brace yourself okay? ' He warns. She laughs a bit and nods, once again.

' So for the starters, the city is going under early lockdown. That's cause the cases of the virus spread had increased over 20 percent overnight. So they figured it won't stop with just self isolation. For now the government is planning a 5 month lockdown, but It looks like it will increase or reduce based on the spread' He takes a deep breath and continues as Y/n nods, letting everything register into her head.

' That's with the outside world. Now for the main course. The thing we saw in your flat, will be investigated. The diner will come and take the body by tonight. I spoke with the security team and they said that they will inform the police. It looks like they will carry out a full on investigated. The body does look complicated as hell, so yea. The door won't get chained yet, since I mentioned how it would be good if you would get a separate room for yourself, since we basically don't know each other that well and.. this flat only has 1 bedroom so it would get awkward if we both stay. I mean I don't have any problem if you wanna stay here, after all that has happened. We could adjust... Only if your fine with it. ' He shrugs his shoulders as he glances around the room. 'I understand if y- ' His words come to a halt when she picks up the book. She writes down something and passes the book towards him.

He looks at her and then down to the book. He get's thrown into a dilemma at the word written in front of him.

Voice. My voice

His gaze shifts between the girl and the book. He takes a deep breath.

' You have lost you voice' The girl's eye open wide. She hastily grabs the book and before her hands could reach for the pen, another pair of hands hold her pair in place. Her eyes showed disbelief. "What do you mean" She mouthed.

' I understand how unbelievable this sounds but let me explain more. Right now, I need you to take deep breath and listen to me. It's all gonna be just fine okay?' He gazes gently into her eyes, as if she was a jewel that would crack if he spoke harsh. She follows what Jay asked her to do. The grip on her hands, slowly reducing down and his hands back to himself. She would be lying if she didn't want to just grab his hands again and feel the warmth. But she held herself back.

' Your voice is still within you. It's just that we need to bring it out. ' He speaks as he looks at her, making sure she following him. The girl looked confused as hell. She writes down.

What do you mean? could you explain it a bit more?

He looks at the writing and nods.

' You could say, your brain failed to register what happened before and forbade your mouth to speak cause that's how shocking it was. You have lost your voice, temporarily that's it. And if we practice enough with small words and sounds I'm sure you will be able to get your voice back. Also I have received a bit of coaching about how to make you speak again. ' He smiles a bit.

She hesitantly nods her head and finishes her honey ginger water.

' How does your throat feel right now? Is it dry or are you uncomfortable anywhere? ' He questions, a small frown forming over his eyebrows.

She shakes her head, indicating a no. She points towards her throat and shows him a thumbs up sign. A small smile appearing on both their faces.

' It's already 7pm, I'll make you curry. Is that fine? ' He gets up from the bed, walking towards the study table and picks up the empty glass. Y/n turns around, giving him a bright smile while nodding her head.

"She looks like a golden retriever " He smiles.