{ Chapter 10 }

Not knowing exactly what to do while the girl was still crying, Jay began to swing their bodies together, very gently moving her side to side, in hopes that she get's comforted, even the slightest. 

She noticed how he moved both of them, ever so gently. A small smile draped over her face as she snuggled closer into the embrace her was offering. His scent, clamed almost all the nerves in her body. A warm blanket, he felt like. And she was willing to spend decades in his embrace. She would kill to be in his embrace. 

The birds sat on the railing of the balcony, watching as both of them shared a warm hug. 

******

They both sat down, to have their, now roasted curry. Obviously, both of them were so into the hug that they completely forgot about the curry Jay had kept on the stove, in attempt to warm it up. It still tasted as glorious as it was last night. Just. .  a slight barbecue flavor was infused into the curry now. She giggled at how the curry tasted. Funny. 

Jay's eyebrows arose as he noticed the girl giggling. 'I wonder if my curry tastes funny' He joked, his eyes still lingering over the girl in front of him. He didn't know how to describe it but. .  she looked extra glorious today. It was like a halo was shining around her when ever she spoke, painting her like a angel.

 Angelic,  He thought. 

His eyes glanced over her every then and now, but he wanted to make sure she didn't know that he was, in fact gravely distracted by her. Almost like a magnetic force was urging him to not take his eyes away from her. He wanted to engrave the view in front of him, into his brain forever. Like a art piece which was too rare for the world. Only his. 

She explained, how the curry, today, felt like it was barbecue infused. But he could bother less to process the words she spoke, since the only thing he could focus on was her lips. They weren't thin, neither were they rosy or peach. A deep purple and red plastered over her lips. She had full lips, one part which she was proud of. They were cracked and yet they looked so kissable. He would gladly spend hours kissing them. Like a sudden fire alarm, Jay actually processed his thoughts and actions. They way he kept on glancing at her, in his words, a complete creep. 

He shook his head, wiping off all his thoughts, concentrating on his food. A small silence falls on both of them as they don't each speak no words. Except for the sound of the air con, it was dead silent. To cut through the boredom, Y/n whips her phone out, checking the news as to what was new, in a world which was slowly crumbling away. Not bothering to check the cases and about covid, she decided to check her school campus's front page. And much to her shock, a photo of Jay was the headline. It was the same outfit that he had worn yesterday. She taps on it, wondering which spectacular gossip, the boy in front of her was stuck with. 

As much as Y/n new about Jay, he is a boy painted as the weird and always on his own boy of the university. He had his own car and owns a whole single dorm for himself, but somehow he doesn't have any sort of friends. He sits alone at lunch and he prefers almost zero interaction. His things are something you shouldn't bother messing with, cause she remembers the one incident still clear.

During the beginning of their first year, someone had the nerve to mess with Jay's notes which he had forgotten in the classroom. And boy oh boy, that student, if my hunch is right, still is afraid of Jay when ever he sees him. Nobody knew what happened between Jay and the boy. No matter how hard, the friends of the boy tried to squeeze out what happened, he kept his mouth shut, as if he would die the moment he spills out what Jay had spoken with him. He seemed intimidating all the time. There was this one rumor though which stayed with her, making her think of the first conversation she had with him when she had showed up at his place to spend the night. 

Him being in the medical wing meant, he had worked with fake blood, sometimes real. The same case with the bodies. Definitely creepy.

 Once when they had a open experiment, which all the medical student's had to do, Jay had walked out of the experiment room, covered in blood, not looking fazed at all. His white shirt and his white coat was covered with splashes of blood yet the boy seemed to give zero shit about it. He walked out like a model does on a run way and ended up becoming the headlines of that week's school and the local news paper. 

Headlines

A dashing medical student, spotted walking out of the experiment room, covered in blood, yet looking completely unfazed. A cherry on top? He looked more handsome than the Korean oppa's, these young teenager's are fawning over. In fact some say, he would have made a amazing main lead for a medical drama. Straight out of the poster, they described.

Y/n would be lying if she said that he didn't look the least handsome. Just like many others, she had that picture of him engraved in her head for a whole two good days. And as they say, anything, either it be a person, a situation, or a thing, has it's good side and unfortunately a bad side to it as well. 

The words Jay were called were horrible. She used to see his face each day on the campus cause of their classes overlapping so much. Yet when ever she used to see him, he looked like a stone. Nothing in this crazy world could ever get close to breaking the impassible face he used to always wear. She even went as far as to imagining that, in a circumstance of a fire, she wouldn't been shocked to see him walk straight through the fire and. . .  survive. That's what he was like before the whole 48 hours, she had spent with him. 

And as she went down the memory lane and her first odd impression of him, she glances up from her phone. He sat there, his head buried into his phone which laid on his lap. He looked like a. . .  complete kid. A kid who was eager to watch a new movie which came out. 

She knew she wouldn't be able to wrap her head over the fact that the boy in front of her, and the boy in the rumors were the same person. Cause it was just. . .  just beyond what, one could comprehend. 

[ Author notes ]

Some times, a person isn't whom he/her is. They are painted.