{ Chapter 7 }

Y/n was soon awaken to the smell strong curry, which seemed to warm her heart. She doesn't remember dozing off but upon looking around her surroundings she noticed she was back on the couch. She closes her eyes back to help lessen the burning sensation in her eyes. All of a sudden, her brain seems to register the awful smell she was in. Reluctantly, she sniffs her own clothes and ends up gagging. All feathers of sleeping, detached themselves from her. She gets up in a haste and makes a run to the bathroom, slamming the door in the process.  

The slam of the door startles Jay as he drops the slat grinder directly into the curry pot. 

' My... My slat.. grinder.. ' He looks at it for a good 5 seconds before snapping out of it and leans his hands directly into the steaming pot. 

Thankfully since his senses were still intact, thought his brain, wondering off somewhere, he immediately pulls his hand back out. The slat grinder looked. . . well a bit. . . cooked you could say. He puts his hand and the grinder under running water as he starred at the curry. 

"If staying with her for just one day is making me go this mad. . . Shouldn't i stay away from her? At least for the sake of my own sanity?"  - 1

"But she is in need of help" - 2

"What about you? even you need a lot of help and a lot of healing. You aren't in a position to support or worry about someone else you fool."  - 1

His was having a full on war in his head. 

"But i can't just leave her like that. She definitely won't be able to speak all on her own. someone needs to be by her side and help her."  -2

"So now are you a big boy who thinks he's capable of helping others? When you yourself, is a mess?" -1

Jay shakes his head. The voices left him wanting to rip his head into two. 

He suddenly felt overwhelmed by all the thoughts. A race, it was like he was running a race, but the end is no where to be seen. Instructions weren't clear and all he felt like was to go out. The beach. He already missed it. Switching off the lights in the kitchen and keeping the curry on low heat so it would not burn, he slides down the kitchen island. Opening his phone, he plays the sound of the waves he recorded. A instant wave of slight relief showered him as he closed his eyes. The sound of everything in the background, slowly excusing itself from his ears. The voices in his head slowly loses it's power as they come to a mute. A big sigh leaves his mouth.

He sat like that, till time he didn't count. The sound of the waves being the only thing that, he could hear. It felt comforting. Not home, yet. . . home.

******

After bath, Y/n walks out of the bedroom. Noticing the kitchen lights were off, she walks to the hall room. To her dismiss, Jay was no where to be seen. She walks back into the room and into the balcony. But no Jay. A frown grew over her face as a wild thought ran through her brain.

He ran away? 

No. 

No he wouldn't. 

He wouldn't cause.... 

all of a sudden her mind went blank. There was no reason for him to stay. But neither was there a reason for him to not leave. A wave of panic ran through her mind. She sprints out and catches her breath. A panic attack? She didn't understand what she felt. She felt all emotions stabbing her mind, causing her eyes to see black and white for a second. She opens her mouth to shout. 

Jay!!! 

No sound

She panics more. She completely forgot about her situation, causing a burning sensation to grow on the back of her throat. The feeling of the stinging pain sent tears into her eyes. 

Jay! Where are you?!

Her eyes frantically roamed around the house and she swore, her whole body almost flew away when she spotted a leg behind the kitchen island. Her breathing comes to a halt as she took small steps towards the leg. 

Please tell me that this isn't another body like today morning. She prayed. 

As she turns over the conner, she freezes in sight. 

His face looked so relaxed. . .  so was the dead body. She puts her hands under his nose and feels his breathing, but it felt so faint. She shakes him, by the shoulders. He doesn't budge. But she does it again and he groans a bit, his eye brows furrowing. 

'What?' He let's out a small growl, causing small butterflies to swarm in her stomach. It must be cause of the lack of interaction with men. That's it. She brushed it away. 

She shakes him again since only air might come out when she tries to speak. 

' 5 more minutes' He murmured under his breath as he snuggles into himself a bit more. 

How could he even sleep in the middle of the kitchen? She let out a confused airy laugh and gets up, to give the boiling curry some attention.  She opens the lid carefully and grabs the ladle and takes a small lick, which sent her directly into heaven. A short way to heaven she thought. She saw the warm, fresh rice he made and wasted no time in grabbing herself a bowl and pouring herself some rice and curry. She gently offs the stove and tip toes into the hall room with her food.  

She suddenly remembers about Jay, who was taking a nap in the kitchen. She gets up and grabs her blanket and walks towards the kitchen. Gently wrapping the blanket over his frame, she gets up. Satisfied with her work she nods and walks back to her food. Ready to murder it all down. 

After settling down on the sofa with her setup, she digs right into the curry. A warm felling engulfed her with the soft rice adding as a extra bonus. Her eye brows danced with happiness as she covered her mouth, not able to believe that the dude who was sleeping the kitchen made this. She made a mental note to bow down to him, just for the sake of the delicious curry.