» 1

[TW: spousal abuse, toxic relationship]

Warm season

Warm season. The best season on Chrysós. The air was warm, grass green, the water a beautiful azure blue. Children played daily on the streets and families enjoyed meals in the community parks and gardens.

The warm season was a time of celebration for the people of Chrysós— a time where they could bond with neighbors and spread joy amongst themselves.

But this summer season wasn't a happy one for everyone.

Especially not for Venus Aurum.

It used to be her favorite time of the year when growing up, but as she hit the adult world, that changed. All of a sudden, Venus found herself with a husband, a daughter, and soon, the crown to Chrysós.

She had never expected to hold all of that responsibility so soon and if it had been her choice, she would have waited.

Venus never wanted to be a politician but could never commit to going completely against her father's wishes.

Venus always wanted to create a family of her own, with a man that she truly loved, a man that she picked for herself. But alas, her father controlled even her love life.

Now, she woke up every take to such a harsh tone from the man she was bound to.

"Wake up." He would always order with a flat and commanding tone.

Her brown eyes shot open, body flinching at the sound of her grouch husband who was yet again, fed up with their daughter's fussiness.

"Our daughter, is starving."

Venus sat up as quickly as she could, looking to her daughter's crib. There she was standing up, her hands gripping onto the bars as if she were in some sort of cell. There had been mornings where the infant— nearly toddler— had been super cranky, but this wasn't one of them. The small child did nothing but babble, and apparently that was too much for her father to handle.